Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After driving all over Washington and Oregon for a month, We have finally bought our first Bronco!
It is a 1994 Eddie Bauer with 351w Auto. Interior is good with only the seat buns needing repair and the drivers door power window does not work. It has 155k miles on it. I have all service records up to 7/2009 from original owner with all work and recalls performed.
The bad, It was at a Transmission Shop and the owners did not want to pay the $3500 estimate for the tranny repair , It needs a rear main seal,and ball joints. I had it delivered to our shop last night. They are having a Transmission Special right now, So the E4OD is being rebuilt and installed for $1000 and the rear main is for the cost of the seal.
Once it is back on the road, We will have to decide on Wheels, Tires, and Lift. However, We thing it was a good buy for $700.

·
I scrape on both sides
3,035 Posts
So the E4OD is being rebuilt and installed for $1000 and the rear main is for the cost of the seal.
Holy hell! thats a good deal right there, itd almost be cheaper for me to get it towed there and drive mine back then pay for a rebuild here... cept that im doing it myself... one of these days.... good find!

·
Premium Member
9,989 Posts
Welcome to FSB ~ :thumbup

Way to go NOT letting that shop charge $3,500 to rebuild a transmission, way out of line there. I paid a guy from my gun club $1,300.00 back in 2004 for rebuilding my AOD just make sure you change the filter/gasket/fluid every year to extend the life and you're good to go for some time.

Don't forget some pics! :doh0715:

·
Premium Member
3,944 Posts
welcome to FSB post some pics of the $700.00 dollar bronco. i cant beleive a shop is doing your trsanny for a grand thats awesome.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, Finally got it home. I needed a few hard parts as well. I was 1545 out the door for the rear main replaced tranny rebuilt and 3yr warranty. It runs nice and strong too! I bought it with tranny out and unable to hear it run first so we are very happy. New tires on Monday.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts