Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 95 bronco that has 33" tires and a leveling kit put in it or so thats what he said.... Front end looks like taller springs installed and the rear is an extra leaf. It looks good and sits about right but the front tires have dropped inwards so they are riding outer shoulder of the tire. It also looks to already have the 2.5 degree camber bushings. What is the deal with getting the wheels to stand up straight. I guess it would have been better if it had a proper suspension lift to begin with. thanks for the input!

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
611 Posts

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
you might need to get a set of axle drop brackets. the front is like a X if you make the outside taller then you need to make the inside taller. . the good rule is get the pivet mount bolt as close to the axle center line as possible. if too far out the camber bushings will not work. ...mike

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looked at the bushings and they are 2.5 degree, but i did some research and found some drop brackets for a 2" lift. Pretty expensive chunks of metal. thanks for the help mike!

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Something you can try is taking out the sway bar bracket. That will give you about 1/4 less lift which will help with camber. I did this a couple of weeks ago and it seems to have finally gotten my chit align-able with the leveling coils. It's a PITA to break lose the bolts though as they are 3/4" bolts with loctite on them. I used a 3/4" ratchet with a cheater bar because my 1/2" breaker was bending. You will also need a deep 1 1/8" socket because the top bolt that retains the spring is pretty long.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,355 Posts
You shouldnt need the axle drop brackets. I did my leveling kit and it aligned and adjusted just fine. As mentioned above, I also have my sway bars off. My camber needs to be audjusted though...tires actualy sit in on the top, wearing the inside edge, the opposite of yours.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts