Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, whats up? my name is dan, and i just sold my f350 and scored a pretty sweet deal on a 78 bronco for $500. i live in illinois, so it is actually in pretty good shape for my area. i've owned one other 78 bronco, but sold it like a fool. i haven't had an old carb truck in about 6 years, so i'm sure you guys will be getting a lot of tech questions from me. thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, body is pretty solid with some surface rust and a few dents. the interior is half taken apart because the guy i got it from was going to restore it, and then ran out of time to do it. i got it running, but need to rebuild the carb and fix a few things before i can start doing any upgrades. probably gonna try to keep this one kind of mild. i have a wife and daughter with another baby on the way, so i can't get to extreme with this build. gonna keep it low, probably a 4'' lift and stick with the 33's, maybe go a little bigger down the road, but the 33'' general grabbers are brand new so i'm gonna run em for a while. basically gonna be a mild trail/camping/ hiking/fishing/family trip rig, but that may change.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i don't know too much about the freewheeling package, i know my paint scheme is similar to a freewheeling package truck near me. what would i look for to determine if mine is, and what all came in the package?

·
Registered
0 Posts
i don't know too much about the freewheeling package, i know my paint scheme is similar to a freewheeling package truck near me. what would i look for to determine if mine is, and what all came in the package?
According to an old 79 advertisement out of a magazine, teh Freewheeling package included options of Forged aliminum wheels, sliding quarter windows, swing away spare tire carrier and front/rear bench seats. It looks like the Freewheelling package from the windows and paint job...if it is...

Nice buy...there arent too many free wheelers rolling around...

I am sure someone will confirm it is...

·
Registered
7 Posts
the big advantage of old trucks is that you can repair them without spending too much money...every mechanic can fix a carburator...take it easy and step by step you will rebuild your beast......;-)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
little bit of progress. got the carpet removed and the top taken off. been too busy lately to do too much, oh i also started getting the dash put back in. the p/o bedlined the floor of the tub and the carpet was funky, so it had to go

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well, i finally rebuilt the carb, and to my surprise someone had stuck a limited slip in the rear end at some point and time. the rear tag said 3.50 open, so i am pretty happy about that. surprisingly, it broke the tires loose pretty easily. i've only had one other 351, and it was a dog, as were the ones my buddies had in my opinion, but i have always had 460's and 390's. still need to drop the gas tank and find and fix a hole, finish the dash, and find a pesky leak in my p/s system. i keep getting air in the system, but it doesn't leak and i can't hear any suction while it is running. oh well, you buy an old truck and that's what you get, fun things to fix and figure out. so to sum it all up, woot woot!!!! bronco is almost on the road!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts