Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
OMF
2,931 Posts
Definitely not factory wiring.

Man that is one clean Bronco, what a shame the fenders were cut. Those are easy enough to replace though.

Engine plans?

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Dose anybody know what the big wire harness that you can see in the picture above?
It runs from the fire wall down the drivers side of the transmission hump to the left rear off truck. Not the seat belt harness and it looks factory, but was cut right at firewall by somebody.
My 79 has a harness in that spot and looks the same. Its for a factory CB. Should have a large connector and a small BNC connector for the antenna.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Messed around with the truck some more, got the interior cleaned and put back together. The engine runs now that I replaced the stater and cleaned out the gas tank and carb. The bad news is I have no number eight, after doing a compression and leak down test and pulling intake and valve cover the lobes on the cam are gone intake and exhaust, no movement of lifters at all. Still not sure what plans for engine are yet.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
After lot's of work it is all back together and running. Swapped out the c6 for the np435. Motor was taken apart cam was broken in two, why seven and eight where missing. I honed cylinders, polished crank, installed new cam bearings, main and rod bearings. Also installed new oil pump rings and had heads re-surfaced and valve jop. New cam is comp 268h with 940-16 springs.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Got around to working on truck this weekend, repaired the wiring for the tailgate motor and replaced the motor. Still need to drop tank and replace sending unit, hope to get the top back from paint in a week or two. Want to get it on the road for spring.

·
Super Moderator
25,285 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
For a motor swap?!? You lucky bastard.... congratulations!:beer

That is a good lookin' Bronc.

·
Bronco Snob
2,201 Posts
Looked back over the thread and did the see any details on the wheels. Much better than the others. Are those ultra 50's? Bronco is looking great :thumbup

·
Registered
11 Posts
Monsters on beach

We put it in eastern off-road truck show at monsters on the beach . Won a trophy . It made it down and back with ac running . Good time.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts