Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Still have to paint windshield frame, tailgate and grill once they are done we can get the rest of it back together.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,656 Posts
Looking great man. I had a 74 for a while. Swapped the ol 200/3spd for a 302/c4. The lil guy was fairly straight too

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I like the fuel injected 5.0 and five speed this thing starts and runs great. Got me wanting to swap in a FI 460 into the yellow truck, can't beet modern technology.

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,509 Posts
Looking great, and I love that color! However, one of your pics looks backwards...made me think the truck was Australian for a sec.
Also, am I correct in stating the accessory drive setup is from a Crown Vic? If so, that's what my '79 Ranchero GT has, which came from the Grand Marquis drive train donor I had.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Yes, everything came off of a late 80s ford or Lincoln car, only setup I could find that I liked and that looks clean.
Not to many 5.0 powered vehicles in junk yards anymore.

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,509 Posts
Yeah, after the advent of the "U-Pull-It" yard, shoveling everything through as fast as possible is the name of the game. I have tons of Crown Vic/Grand Marq/Town Car/wagon stuff I pulled for spares, but only a small amount from under hood that's left, such as an alternator bracket for a side-plug large-case alternator, or a cruise control servo for carb/fuel charging assembly 5.0s. It doesn't hurt to ask, even if I don't have what you're looking for, so go ahead and PM me if you need something and can't find it.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Very nice work on both of them! I had a 66 with the 170 six cylinder. Raised a lot of hell in that truck.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Back working on the bronco after a couple years off. Purchased a 4in lift from wild horses and in the process of installing it. I also purchased some trex arms from duff.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I plan on running 33x12.50 on some u.s mags. I also want to replace the front fenders and install some new mirrors. It has some late model mirrors that are mounted too low and are completely useless. I have some fj 60 mirrors ordered, don’t know how the will work out. But have to be better than what is on it now.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Lift installed everything went smoothly nice working on trucks with no rust. 4in lift from wild horses and duff trex arms. Now I just need some new tires.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Fj62 mirrors what do you think? I like them better than the late model ford mirrors that where on bronco. Only thing I found that will work and cover up most of holes for other mirrors. They mounted other mirrors too low and too far forward, they where useless.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts