Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
78 Custom - 460 - NP435 - NP205 - Sniper EFI - HyperSpark Ignition - 4.56 Gears - Front/Rear Lockers
1,989 Posts
I kinda partial to the stock 78/79 mirrors, but those Fj mirrors are way better than those other ones.

I'm curious how that WH lift works out for you. I was browsing online the other day looking at lifts and was checking out the WH springs. I'm looking for something fairly soft and flexy for off road.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Found some weld typhoons on market place. 17x10 with 35x12.5 tires, I think they look good.
DF382EDB-5018-41F0-BCB0-0CCAE522559C.jpeg

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
With the lift and new 35” tires brakes went to ok to very questionable. I found this article on FTE on the f-350 brake up grade.
So far I installed the booster and master cylinder. I have the brake calipers just waiting on fittings and hoses for calipers. Still a noticeable improvement just with the booster and master. We will see what the new t bird calipers will do.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Ordered fuel injection stuff went with sniper and their in tank fuel pump. Also looking for a good four point family roll bar. I like the one protofab sells but they must be closed, I called a couple times with no answer? I sold this truck to my brother, he has two young boys and I want the truck to be safe. Hope to have everything done this summer so he can drive it when he gets back from deployment.

·
Registered
1979 Ranger XLT 400m T18
232 Posts
Ordered fuel injection stuff went with sniper and their in tank fuel pump. Also looking for a good four point family roll bar. I like the one protofab sells but they must be closed, I called a couple times with no answer? I sold this truck to my brother, he has two young boys and I want the truck to be safe. Hope to have everything done this summer so he can drive it when he gets back from deployment.
View attachment 159837
I'm interested to read your real life experiences with the Sniper kit. that's one I've been thinking would be a good compromise to get FI without going crazy on wiring and swapping.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Installed the sniper kit this weekend everything went good. Only problem I had was the in tank fuel pump was too short. The bronco 33 gallon tank is 15in deep. The longest the holly one I had could be is 12in. But I was able to lengthen it easily.
It fired right up and I drove it around some last night. After 30 minutes of running it was dialed in and running good. Went out this morning and it fired right up. So far it is a great, time will tell.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Bronco has been sitting in garage for a month, pulled it out and let it run some. Rolled the soft top up and my dad took it to his house to get a tool for me. Two miles from my house to his. While waiting to turn into driveway he was rear ended by a suburban.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Bronco held up good, bumper took most of impact. Tail gate is smashed but did not scratch rear quarter panels. The trailer hitch bent down and bent frame rails behind rear shackles some.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Oh man! You just can't have nice things! Hope insurance treats you well. Really enjoyed the transformation of this rig over time....

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Lucky I had a fixed value on my insurance through Erie. They will fix it as long as it is under my value. I got a estimate to repair $3800

61 - 79 of 79 Posts