Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
jrdbronco said:
interesting looking, but they just dont inspire much confidence. i'd stick with welded on C's
I dunno, the pic is deceiving. I would guess the depth to be about 1.5" and you would have a decent surface area all around to weld to the axle. These would eliminate having to weld on the wedges (which I think folks are using D44 wedges and grinding some to fit?) and then having to make a custom C for attaching the cage arm. Knowing cage I'm sure they are also made of some heavy wall steel.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Grind to fit.
Paint to match. :toothless

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
BambiBasher said:
says you need their arms tho
i've yet to see any other arms worth mentioning really. i like it, its a step in the right direction; i can't remember, do the cage arms still use a c-bushing? seems like you would be losing quite a bit of the torsional twist and putting more stress back on those 2 bolts/bushings that cage has.

still, for the money and parts involved i think a real link setup would be better.

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,652 Posts
IMO the only downside is going to be when youre trying to set the caster. When i set mine up, (much like others) i had the axle clamped between both halves of the radius arm, and just rotated the pinion up till i had my desired caster angle, then tacked the Cs in place, pulled it out and welded em up. But this way, theres no way to put the truck's weight on the axle to determine caster. And if youre off a degree or two, theres no bushings you can change to get the caster back to spec. Just my .02

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
reptillikus said:
IMO the only downside is going to be when youre trying to set the caster. When i set mine up, much like others) i had the axle clamped between both halves of the radius arm, and just rotated the pinion up till i had my desired caster angle, then tacked the Cs in place, pulled it out and welded em up. But this way, theres no way to put the truck's weight on the axle to determine caster. And if youre off a degree or two, theres no bushings you can change to get the caster back to spec. Just my .02
Good point Rep T, wonder if the Cage instructions have a recommendation for doing this?

Andy, when using the cage arms with the standard wedge setup you do utilize C bushings plus the little bushing that would go into the holes for boltup. This setup eliminates the C bushing.

·
Master Bater
7,277 Posts
I think its awesome, I have had several talks with Jim about getting these. I would much prefer that then the c bushings which wear out, and are hard to squeeze in on the drivers side when using a 60. i would never use c bushings again if these were made when i did my 60 swap. Yes, it could be argued that the c bushings give a little more flex, but i dont think its enuf with these arms to warrant keeping c bushings.

Im dying to run coils with cage arms in the rear, and specifically asked jim when these would be coming out so i could use these instead of c's in the rear. Now I wisj I still had money on my money tree.

·
Registered
106 Posts
plug ugly said:
I think its awesome, I have had several talks with Jim about getting these. I would much prefer that then the c bushings which wear out, and are hard to squeeze in on the drivers side when using a 60. i would never use c bushings again if these were made when i did my 60 swap. Yes, it could be argued that the c bushings give a little more flex, but i dont think its enuf with these arms to warrant keeping c bushings.

Im dying to run coils with cage arms in the rear, and specifically asked jim when these would be coming out so i could use these instead of c's in the rear. Now I wisj I still had money on my money tree.
Plug,
Did you get a answer from Jim when they would be out? Plus the last time I talked to Jim he said CAGE was going to go dealer only sales here soon.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I talked to him a couple weeks ago about when he would get some more dual shock hoops in. I talked to him for about 30 mins. about a bunch of stuff, he said they were going to go to dealer only sales.
I bought the ext. RA's, 5.5" coils and they back-ordered the shock hoops. I guess I just got lucky and everyone else was busy and he answered the phone.

·
Master Bater
7,277 Posts
I do know that his business is taking off, which is great cause he is a good guy. Its typically pretty tough to get him on the phone these days, so you did get lucky. you will like the products, they work well.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I don't have a bronco but I do have a 79' F-150. I'll make sure to post pic's when done with all the mods.
Jim seems to be a great guy, didn't have any problem with discussing my application concerns.

·
0 Posts
I called him about some shocks and he sent me off to dealers. I called 4 dealers of the dealer list and the one he recommended out of colorado, only one answered and that dealer had to get new pricing on shocks. Never called me back, still dont know how much he wanted for 12" travel shocks.

IMO, would NOT leave my business in the hands of those dealers i called.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
94_chickentaco said:
I called him about some shocks and he sent me off to dealers. I called 4 dealers of the dealer list and the one he recommended out of colorado, only one answered and that dealer had to get new pricing on shocks. Never called me back, still dont know how much he wanted for 12" travel shocks.

IMO, would NOT leave my business in the hands of those dealers i called.
yea, he may find that dealer only stuff hurts him. He's probably wanting to do this because he spends so much time chatting with all of us that call and ask application specific stuff. Heck, he took an hour and a half out of his schedule to play with his forklift/test my Bronco flex, then took me for a ride on his rock pile with his EB.:chili: Jim, and Matt are great to work with. Would be a bummer for that to change.

·
Master Bater
7,277 Posts
Shadofax said:
He's probably wanting to do this because he spends so much time chatting with all of us that call and ask application specific stuff. .
I spoke with him about it and am awaiting him to tell me that i can relay it all to you guys. He said he would actually miss being able to talk with the end user. he likes to see what and how we build with his products. ill tell you the rest after I talk with him again.

Anyways, those brackets are bad ass. They allow you to use any coil you want. jeep, EB, ttb or 78/9 style lowers. That is the coolest feature of them. Setting the caster would be a bit tougher, sure, but can still be done by the home mechanic. i want a set BAD

1 - 20 of 22 Posts