Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a new carb an intake manifold for my 400m. I was thinking either a holley truck avenger or a edelbrock performer. But i cant seem to find anything on the net and i cant access ebay, I am in the military and deployed overseas. Any help with suggestions and possible site would be awesome

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,983 Posts
I'm running a edelbrock preformer 1406carb and edelbrock intake on my 79....Im quite happy with the preformance. I did add the offroad kit to the carb and got much better off camber throttle response. It's just a spring and needle kit. Very easy to install.... My 79 has Cleveland in it but I would imagine that the M block would have almost identical response from this setup... I've actually got an extra edelbrock intake for the 351/400M if your interested...

Take care, and thanks for your service----Fog

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much are you looking to get for the intake and what else can you tell me about it. I am looking to getting a 4 barrle carb will it work for this?

·
Registered
647 Posts
I just put a performer manifold on and a regular 750 edelbrock carb (#1407) on my 400 in my 79 bronco. like many other i added the off-road spring loaded needles about $15. Got both from Summit racing pretty cheap really. If you are on a tighter budget summit also has factory rebuilt edelbrock carbs for a little bit less of a price. Guess i have had really bad expereinces with all holley carbs and on the trail adjustments in the mountains and changing elevations drastically is horrible with them it seems.

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
You at Minot or GF????

I got a 600 Electric choke holley if your from Minot

1 - 10 of 10 Posts