Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
a renegade of funk
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i started my new career monday
i started work at the local ford dealership as a service tech.
its not bad, been training with the dissel tech all week.
not sure im to thrilled about flat rate pay, but ill worry about that later
still think im gunna continue to pursue school for aviation maintenance

that is all:thumbup

·
Registered
712 Posts
Avoid overtime if you don't get paid for it, learn diesels, save up what you can, then either do the aviation thing, or keep with the diesel technology. Oh, and congrats and good luck!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Good luck with Ford I know localy they dont pay crap I wanted to work there myself but couldnt afford to after getting out of auto tech, I was making more money in a quick lube..lol

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
Good luck on the new job.

KC :beer

·
a renegade of funk
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what happened to moving to boston?

glad to hear u got a job so quick
soon, just needed something to put some cash in my pocket, hopefully they are going to work me on weekends, its a 7dayaweek shop so we shall see.
i think i will do the aviation thing, seems there is a lot more long term benefits and i wont be busting my ass working flat rate trying to make money.

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,912 Posts
Ford treats their employees like gold I hear.
Ford doesn't have much to say about how employees at dealerships are treated. That's all in the hands of the dealer owner. :shrug

Definitely learn the diesel stuff, that's where the money is. And yeah, pursue more schooling. I can't see how anybody makes a living at a dealership and retires from there unless you really have a strong desire to fix things and put up with the bull crap that comes with a dealership.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts