Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I bought a new Carharrt Jacket last weekend at Dicks Sporting Goods, but come to find out it is a little too big. I tried it on in the store, but for some reason thought it would work. Then I got too looking at it more, and realized it is too big. I took off the price tags already, and can't find the receipt , so I can't return it.

Like I said, I bought the jacket last week for $109.99 from dicks. Jacket is in great shape, 100 percent new. No stains, rips, tears or anything. I am looking to get 90.00 or best offer.

I believe the size is about an extra large. Says "46 Regular" on it. I am six feet tall, and about 195 pounds.

I don't have a camera at the moment, but I will tomorrow, so I can get some picks of the jacket alone tomorrow. Here are a few of it on me when I went shooting on thursday.

I will ship. We can negotiate the price depending on what you pay for the jacket. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
i allways buy my coats bigger, so i can wear hoodies and other layers underneath.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
i allways buy my coats bigger, so i can wear hoodies and other layers underneath.
Same here.

What is it lined with and can you take pics of it? I have the same jacket in black with the saddle blanket lining and I love it. The blanket lining is wool and since lots of peeps don't like wool that could be a major selling/not selling factor to some.

Course my work bought it for me so it was totally worth it, but I think the price you're askin is darn good.

Good luck.

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
in the pic with the rifle, it looks like it fits you fine. but in the one with the pistol, yeah, it looks a little big and like it's riding up on ya.

good luck with the sale, that's a damn nice coat and a good price too.

·
Be jealous of my
923 Posts
damn, i wear a large, sucks cause thats a great price.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Coat tag says 100% cotton on the outside, Lining is 100 percent nylon, and interlining is 100 percent Polyester.

yeah, i LOVE this jacket. Best jacket I have owned so far. It does look like it fits well in the first pic with my 12 gauge, but it does ride up quite a bit. Especially when I am sitting in my truck.

·
Retired
16,015 Posts
Wash it. It may shrink up some since it is 100% cotton. Worst that happens is you ask a little less for it but if it shrinks enough you have gained a jacket.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
Wash it. It may shrink up some since it is 100% cotton. Worst that happens is you ask a little less for it but if it shrinks enough you have gained a jacket.
that and it takes forever + 1day to break in a carhart jacket. They're stiff for a really long time, but once the stiffness goes away, they fit much better.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I think once the initial stiffness goes away you will like that jacket in that size. It does look kind of big in the pistol photo, but when you gave the size of the coat it does not sound too big at all. You definitely need to have room under that coat for hoodies, shirts, long underwear and carhart bibs. Give it a chance, you may find its perfect and as long as you dont stain it it will still be worth $90 probably.

On a side note I pay about 1/2 to 1/3 the price on new Carhart merchandise at my local farmer supply store ( Murdochs ) the only catch is they are a blem of some sort, I have never found anything wrong enough to care.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well, i took your guys advice and ran it threw the washer and dryer once. I made sure to follow the directions on the tag. Seems to have shrunk up just enough. Thanks for the advice.

Jacket is no longer for sale. Please close thread.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.