Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
warning: the most i'm gonna have to offer on this board, for a while, is aesthetic mods.

so i got my truck used, and the carpet was nasty. so i decided to replace the crappy stock GRAY carpet with a NEW BLACK carpet.

i went with ACC Mats Carpet for like $209 from www.1aauto.com. it comes in 4 pieces - just like stock except larger (you have to cut it down in spots).

biggest problem was that the rear section didn't come with insulation -- i was able to get some free carpet insulation from a carpet store in town....i just cut it to fit & attached it with some 3M Super77 spray adhesive.

Results -

took all day to install the carpet with the dynamat, with 2 friends helping.....mostly because we were playing it by ear.

2 years later, the carpet is just as good & black as it was the day it came. i'm very satisfied with it.

the dynamat was WAAAAAAAAY overpriced but does work fairly well.

best part: new carpet = new car smell.

THE PICS: http://www.superford.org/registry/vehicles/detail.php?id=3911&s=14431#content

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
you crazy man :thumbup

Oh somebody with the power make this his avatar:

:lolup :lolup :lolup :thumbup :lolup :lolup :lolup

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
I hate carpet...

I did herculiner on the inside of my rear section today. I love it. Its tough, and resistant....Nice stuff.

ONly cost 88.00 for a gallon...the whole back in 2 good coats and still have 1/2 a gallon or so:goodfinge

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fireguy50 said:
you crazy man :thumbup

Oh somebody with the power make this his avatar:

:lolup :lolup :lolup :thumbup :lolup :lolup :lolup
's my friend.

he's excited. when that pic was taken he had no idea there was like 6 more hours of work to do

·
Registered
990 Posts
Looks good! Your carpet looked clean compaired to mine. Someone had a box of cat litter spill in there and never cleaned it up. Mixed with some water and melted into the carpet. Theres cigarette ashes everywhere, spilt motor oil and tons of candy/gum rubbed into it. Cant wait till I get money to spend on it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Great Write up, i bought the same carpet set a week ago and will be installing it very soon. just have other things to fix first, like rust.

·
haaarrrrr haaaarrrr
1,384 Posts
Drilim said:
I hate carpet...

I did herculiner on the inside of my rear section today. I love it. Its tough, and resistant....Nice stuff.

ONly cost 88.00 for a gallon...the whole back in 2 good coats and still have 1/2 a gallon or so:goodfinge
u got ripped off, k-mart's got it for around 40 a gallon.:thumbup

·
Registered
115 Posts
i paid $90.00 for the kit at the k-mart here in va. the gallon can buy itself was $79.00.

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Hmmm. thats odd....Maybe a sale? Ive seen it no cheaper then like 80 for a gallon and 90 or so for the whole kit.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Men that new carpet looks really great , i'm thinking to get a black carpet like you . also those seat covers are nice. :beer

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Herculiner!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts