Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been reading this forum since last summer when i bought my first bronco, a '95 XLT that had been a forrestry rig. this is my first actual contribution as all my other activity
has been personal research.

if i did this right, this should be my before picture:

and this should be my after picture:

these are crager soft 8's 15x8's on BFG 31x10.5x15's. i got the cragers from summit for $190-ish with center caps and the bfg's from costco for $420 mounted (they won't mount non-stock size tires on a vehicle, so i had to take the wheels in and then install on my own at home).

the same wheel at les schwab was $56/ea w/o center cap and they wanted $770 for a set of four tires (their own brand, not bfg's)

the tires gently rub the rubber air dam under the front bumper, but i never liked it anyway and will probably trim it or chuck it.

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Nice start on the mods.. But I would stop modding it.. One you do one thing, then you have to do another, and then another.. It never ends!

I thought buying my wife a bronco already lifted would keep me from having to do anything more to it.. little did I know... I'm still doing things to it and we've had it for over 2 years...

BTW: I second the black paint idea.. I think it would look a lot better.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bigbroncojeff said:
thought about painting the top flat black??? i think it would look great... and the fiberglass top wouldn't take much prep
hey, i like that! i was thinking about drab military olive green, but wasn't sure about what to do about the top...

·
Registered
231 Posts
Looks good with the black. How about a gloss black on the top, will match the wheels better. While you are at it, blackout the bumpers, and all the other chrome trim.

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,997 Posts
nice looking bronco...i actually really like that green.

i too would go with the black top, it'll look that much sharper...:thumbup

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
31x10.5's are stock size so why wouldnt they mount them?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
they said that stock for my bronco was 235 75 15; they even threatened checking my door jam sticker. not that big of a deal, only took me about a 1/2 hour to put on. they did fill them w/ nitrogen which was pretty cool.

i have been thinking about black bumpers (warn makes a wicked winch bumper that i could never afford/justify and then i would have to get a winch) a black brush guard w/ a pair of offroad lights (wired through a relay to come on w/ my brights, maybe). I have also given a fair amount of thought to gutting the interior from behind the front seats back and doing a rhino lining-type coating.

and i need to get some bassani headers so my bassani y-pipe will finally seal...

my list just keeps growing and growing...

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
ToddACimer said:
31x10.5's are stock size so why wouldnt they mount them?
The stock 235's are just below 29". I just swapped my stock tires out for some Winter 31x10.50x15's, and there is a considerable difference.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
mcaldwell said:
The stock 235's are just below 29". I just swapped my stock tires out for some Winter 31x10.50x15's, and there is a considerable difference.
My door sticker says 31x10.5 and my truck had 32x11.5 when I got it. 33x12.5's clear

·
Registered
952 Posts
that looks sweet. go with the black top, that was a good idea jeff.

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
yeah, soon as it gets warm outside I am bedlining mine. I took some down the sides, swapped grills/bezals and wheels. Just need to start plans on a rear tire carrier/bumper. Already got a savings account all set up for a bds 4"

Definately like that green with the black you are runnin. looking good.

anybody can throw some black on the back top, wouldn't mind a look.

Was considering black bedlined racing stripes(wide ones) but it would be damn difficult to get all that lined up straight i think. not to mention idunno if that would look like ass or not.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
ToddACimer said:
My door sticker says 31x10.5 and my truck had 32x11.5 when I got it. 33x12.5's clear
Your truck must have come with a tire package option from the factory.

This is the comparison data for stock vs 31's.

Specification Sidewall Radius Diameter Circumference Revs/Mile Difference
235/75-15 6.9in 14.4in 28.9in 90.7in 698 0.0%
265/75-16 7.8in 15.8in 31.6in 99.4in 637 9.6%

1 - 20 of 21 Posts