Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i sepnt $250 ish on them and got a package in the mail today. got all excited, opened thme to find a sweet case, that was empty. :banghead the glases are in another package..WTF?

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
I like my $20 polarized sunglasses from Bass Pro. Totally doesn't bother me if they get scratched, break, or someone doesn't mail them to me. Plus, I have another $230ish to spend on booze.

·
Registered
462 Posts
yeah...when you order them custom, and order a case for them, you the two separately.. I just recently ordered my 5th pair and saving for another..lol..they are great quality and the customization option helps you get exactly what you want.

·
Wanna see my
4,450 Posts
My Rx glasses are Oakleys, green chrome, only cost me 80 for the frame. My sunglasses are 8 dollar clip ons, lol, so i guess i have custom Oakley sunglasses as well. :toothless

Did you call them to make sure the glasses are in a seperate box and that they didnt just forget to put the glasses in there?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like my $20 polarized sunglasses from Bass Pro. Totally doesn't bother me if they get scratched, break, or someone doesn't mail them to me. Plus, I have another $230ish to spend on booze.
they have a warenty, and $35 replacement lenses.

My Rx glasses are Oakleys, green chrome, only cost me 80 for the frame. My sunglasses are 8 dollar clip ons, lol, so i guess i have custom Oakley sunglasses as well. :toothless

Did you call them to make sure the glasses are in a seperate box and that they didnt just forget to put the glasses in there?
yeah there on there way

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
I shouldn't talk because I'll spend some rediculous ammounts of money on stupid crap instead of getting something simmilar for 90% cheaper, but.....I will anyways.
Only a fool will spend more then $25 on sun glasses.

·
Biebs Ain't BabyDaddy!
11,159 Posts
I spent a lot of money on my Oakleys... more than I care to admit... certainly a lot more than any number mentioned in this thread so far... but I love them. They are my Rx, so I can see while driving, and more importantly, while shooting. It always sucked being at the range and having to guess where the 10-ring was at distances greater than 30 feet. My lenses got a small crack on the edge one week after the warranty ran out on them, and Oakley still replaced both my lenses and only charged $15 for shipping. I also have a pair of Maui Jims that are my Rx that are good for indoor ranges and hunting. I'm hypersensitive to light, so I am almost always wearing sunglasses when I'm not inside or it isn't night time. Sunglasses are as important to me as watches and cell phones are to other people. Some folks like expensive watches and fancy cell phones, I like expensive sunglasses. It's a man thing.

·
Try it now!!
9,122 Posts
I always lose them. I havent had an expensive pair of sunglasses for years. I have 2 identical pairs of gas station specials, and I've managed to keep both of them around for about 7 months now. I consider this one of the biggest accomplishments of my life.

·
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"
4,582 Posts
I'm not sure Ive spent $25 on all the sunglasses I've ever bought???

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
I shouldn't talk because I'll spend some rediculous ammounts of money on stupid crap instead of getting something simmilar for 90% cheaper, but.....I will anyways.
The quality of Oakley's are great. And after you see some of the demonstrations of the glasses taking projectiles, you will see their worth.

But I also spend $50 on mine thanks to Oakley's government sales. Though if I go through the BX their only $60.

I like my Half Jackets.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
ive worn oakleys for 20 yrs. im also hypersensitive to light and i live in fl, so i always have them on. oakleys are like shoei motorcycle helmets once you wear one you will throw your cheap crap away

·
Try it now!!
9,122 Posts
ive worn oakleys for 20 yrs. im also hypersensitive to light and i live in fl, so i always have them on. oakleys are like shoei motorcycle helmets once you wear one you will throw your cheap crap away
If you continuously lost or sat on and broke your helmet, you would soon stop buying Shoei helmets.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
I can't go anywhere without my Oakleys

·
Registered
324 Posts
Have had numerous pairs of Oakley's, have two pair currently. Always had people how can you justify spending that much on sunglasses, one: I wear them everyday and my eyes are sensitive to sunlight, two: I always have tried to look after them a little more than I would a cheap pair. Yes they are more expensive but short of losing them, Oakley has always been good about warranty work and upgrades. Like a lot of things, you are also paying for the warranty/service.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Another fan of Oakely's here. I've had several pairs but my max is about $120 for a pair but they came with replacement lenses and case. Quality is all relative to the person. I cheap out on other things so that I can sleep well knowing I just spent a bill on SG's. For instance shampoo...if its not $.99, I wont buy it.

I've had several pairs of cheap SG's back in the day and when you actually put a nice pair on your face, you'll never go back. I believe there are several more brands of SG's that are better than Oakley's but, Oakley has developed and marketed their glasses so that they fit in with a very active lifestyle and take abuse well.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
250 is pretty steep. But if you have them for years and years, its ok.

I have a friend who has at least 8 pairs of Oaks. Its insane. He has to have a pair to "match" everything he wears. Pretty ghay imo.

·
The "Dim"olitioner....
879 Posts
If you continuously lost or sat on and broke your helmet, you would soon stop buying Shoei helmets.
and buy FLY or BELL. sorry ride mx's and atv's.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts