·
Yeeeeehaw Y'all!
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm slooooooooooowly restoring my 88.

First in order was a new engine.

Out with the old.........

In with the new....... :chili:

The long block is a 5.0l HO roller engine out of a 1993 Mustang. First step was to strip it all down and send it off to the machine shop.

I installed a Federal Mogul cam more suited to low end torque needs. Kept the Mustang hypereutectic pistons and used chrome rings. (longer break in period.... but will last a long time.)

The Mustang owner had the heads milled not to long before he wrecked it. All they needed was a new set of roller lifters and they were ready good to go.

I also installed a plenum spacer (3/8" thick and now I hope the hood will still shut? ) between the upper snd lower intake and a throttle body spacer on the upper. Each of these aresupposed to give you a 10 - 15 HP increase? Topped the intake off with a fresh set of 40# injectors.

Most of us have experienced "issues" with some of the Ford factory ignition and elcetronic components.

Because of this, I opted for an ACCEL replacment distributor. A little pricey, but what a piece of work! :thumbup It's worth it to me. This one was built to last.

I also installed a Crane Fireball Pro-6S ignition.

Ran outta Bronco Budget so it was time to bolt it all together and put that sucker in!

Next...... The lift. Any volunteers?

Jeff

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,873 Posts
I have to say, the colors are not as bad as the first impression. I like it :thumbup

But now you have to keep it clean :cry

·
Yeeeeehaw Y'all!
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah....?

I kinda sorta had it all pictured in my mind how it was going to look once it was in the truck. But I was starting to worry myself a bit that it was going to look like someone ate a bag of Skittles and threw up inder my hood! :uke:

All in all though.... I like it.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Lookin' pretty good...the yellow dipstick handle seems a lil outa place..:shrug Hit it with the blue! just my .02...so are ya gonna powder coat the lift purple???:shrug

·
Yeeeeehaw Y'all!
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Engine is running fine and purring like a lil tiger. Thanks to everyone who offered up good advice. :drinkbud

Dropped it off today at the muffler shop for a new exhaust system. Had to take it down to NC to get the work done. Seems that Virginia muffler shops won't alter factory systems?

...........................Purple lift? I wonder if I could get it dark enough?

Next project! :thumbup

·
Registered
43 Posts
REF:VA Exhaust... shoulda told em it was a farm truck.... for of road use only.... at least that worked here in Washington.

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
Ironclad said:
Dropped it off today at the muffler shop for a new exhaust system. Had to take it down to NC to get the work done. Seems that Virginia muffler shops won't alter factory systems?
Some of the guys in Suffolk would be willing to help.. you just have to pay them after hours, and if you get pulled over, you have to claim to have done the work yourself. I f'n hate Virginia law. Speakin of which, I was just out there last weekend. I was suppossed to go to a concert at the Norva, but it was sold out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts