Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
AKA Joe
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Summit comes through again I ordered this stuff Wendsday night , and it was in my living room today .

Well anyway it's a 3" Borla XR-1 stainless muffler and a 2 1/4" into 3" flowmaster collector .

I am getting away from my true dual setup hoping to get a better sound and maybe a little more back pressure . I have two flowtech 2 1/4" mufflers and it sounds life a junk yard V8 . It i loud but loud in a crappy tone . I will let you know how it sounds sunday .

Still pretty straight through

:rockon :rockon

·
AKA Joe
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The best thing to keep away the surface rust is barbeque paint . It is flat black but it lasts a good few months . I plan on a 3" stainless tailpipe .

Hey Ryan I know you have answered this a hundred times but I want to do a mass air conversion on my 94 . Considering all the motor work on my truck , what do you suggest and don't forget I am planning on that Kenne Bell as soon as I can put the cash together .

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
BigBad94Bronco said:
The best thing to keep away the surface rust is barbeque paint . It is flat black but it lasts a good few months . I plan on a 3" stainless tailpipe .
I did the BBQ pait to my tail pipe, forgot about it on the rest of the exhaust. I've already done 3-4 exhuast systems on my truck in the last 18 months so I'm not new to re-doing it. I already wat to re-do it agian. 2.5" into 3" or 2.5" into 3.5" Y then a stainless Muffler. It's just time and money right :cry :shrug

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
BigBad94Bronco said:
Hey Ryan I know you have answered this a hundred times but I want to do a mass air conversion on my 94 . Considering all the motor work on my truck , what do you suggest and don't forget I am planning on that Kenne Bell as soon as I can put the cash together.
Best Mass Air system for a future KB Blower would be a mustang system. But it requires costom work:

89-93 Stang Computer
36lb/hr injectors
80mm MAF sensor
Custom Harness (I might know sombody that can build it :D )
GT-40 lower Intake (It will match up with the future lighting KB Blower)
Explorer upper Intake (They are cheap, work great, and easy to re-sell after the KB Blower)
75mm Throttle body and EGR

Then get a custom program for the computer for a purr at idle / and agian once you get the blower.

You'll need 36lb/hr injectors for big boost and a windsor, but it might be hard to make it idle nice without the blower. So try to get the blower soon after this upgrade.
If you need help spending your money, I'm good at it :thumbup

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts

You get the 351 GT40 lower intake pictured above on the right and both Explorer intake and the KB Blower will mate right to it :thumbup

·
AKA Joe
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think I am with ya bro . I get the Edelbrock GT 40 lower and I can run the lighning K/B blower if I do all the upgrades you listed . I am going to do everything at once , just a stupid question :confused: how much do you think I am looking at to do your list besides the lower intake . Should I cry now:cry

On a cheaper note I hooked up the muffler wich was in the picture before superford went haywire as usual . To say the least it sounds insane at the back of the truck . It's got that raspy tone I was looking for and sounds alot better at idle .

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
$125 Used 1989-93 Mustang Computer

$390 New 36lb/hr injectors
on ebay right now: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33554&item=2440268429 might be able to get them for 100-150 used :thumbup

$200-$300 New 80mm MAF sensor

$320 New Ford GT-40 lower Intake
It's not an edelbrock intake, could be found used for $250ish

$100-$125 Used Explorer upper Intake

$260 New 75mm Throttle body and EGR
Could be found for 200ish

$200-$550 Custom Harness

$500 for a custom program computer

$1500 - $2500 total depending of how well you shop and how much harness work you need

·
AKA Joe
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I got to go for a ride today , it sounds real sweet . It wont be long before one of my neighbors complain .

It also changed the power a little bit for the better , I gained a little at low RPM which is where I was lacking .

Oh yeah I am high bidder for now on those injectors . What does the GT-40 lower come on so I can start searching around for one .

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
GT-40 lower only came on 1993-95 Lightnings
but lots of people got them from Ford Racing years ago. And those same people are trading them for the new Trick Flow intake.

So there are typically GT-40's for sale offen.

Don't even ask about the 351 Trick Flow intake, it's designed for power above 6000RPM. And kills power below 3K.

I think $1500 total is a REAL cheap for a Mass Air conversion.
Considering the Truck and Lightning MAF kits from Ford Racing are sell for 1000, don't include intakes or throttle body. AND my option uses the Mustang computer, which has much better programing than the truck kits.

Trust me you'll go faster :thumbup

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
It was a 351/5.8L Windsor GT40 lower intake right? :confused:
What size injectors came on it? you could sell them if not the right size.

I do use the flowmaster Y for my intake, but I hate it. The stock truck intake stops producing power at 3500RPM. What you see was my cheap fix for Mass Air. I have a BIG Throttle Body and I'm saving for a new intake.

·
AKA Joe
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
AAAAAAAAAAARRRGGGGGG

I fugging hate E-bay some a$shole outbid me in the last minute by one dollar and I couldn't catch it intime . I guess it would have been to good of a deal especially because he was local .

Can you tell even though I lost it ?

lost one

There is this one
cheap

Damaged but we have a tig welder to fix it the right way
3rd choice

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
BigBad94Bronco said:
AAAAAAAAAAARRRGGGGGG

I fugging hate E-bay some a$shole outbid me in the last minute by one dollar and I couldn't catch it intime . I guess it would have been to good of a deal especially because he was local .

Can you tell even though I lost it ?

lost one

There is this one
cheap

Damaged but we have a tig welder to fix it the right way
3rd choice
Good thing you lost that action, it was for a 302!
You got to look out there are 351 and 302 intakes, don't get the wrong one :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts