Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New from northern Maine... picking up another FSB, so mine has to go!

Hey everyone. Thought I'd introduce myself here, although I decided to join to help sell my '96 Bronco.

For the long story, as a kid, my father owned an '85 Bronco XLT. It was by far my favorite vehicle and I still remember going out into the garage and wanting to just sit in the driver's seat for literally hours. I had a thing for Bronco's for as far back as I can remember (and I'm only 25).

At age 14, I got my first vehicle... a 1988 Ford Ranger. It needed minimal work, but hey, I had two years! I really wanted a Bronco, but when the truck was given to us for the very reason of making it my first vehicle, I couldn't say no. Finally when I was 16, I went from the '88 Ranger to an '87 Ranger, then to a 2.3L '89 Mustang. I always loved Regatta Blue Mustangs and we had the opportunity to buy one that needed only a paint job with 60K original miles on it for $350. After painting it, my brother came home from college, saw it, wanted it, and I told my dad to give it to him instead of me because I still really wanted a Bronco but would be settling for a Ranger. One day on my way to school, I fell in love with an '88 Bronco II. Dark blue and silver, blue interior. Just had to have it. Talked the guy down from $2200 to $800 and my dad drove it away for me, as I was just a few weeks away from my permit still. It needed a lot of front-end work, but the day prior, a friend of my dad said that he didn't have the money to finish his Bronco II to make it street legal (rot everywhere), so after dumping $1500 in the front end, he wanted to give it to us so that we could finish it as my first vehicle. Instead, we took the front end out of it, put it in the '88 we purchased, and tada... I got an '88 Bronco II for my first vehicle... and a 5spd too! God works in mysterious ways!

After owning it a few years, I decided I wanted to put a 302 in it. Just before I was going to make the move on it, I was driving down the road and saw the '96 Bronco I have now (that I'm selling because I'm picking another one up)! I told my parents that if I ever got a full-size Bronco, the Bronco II was going to be sold. So, I sold it.

A year ago after moving to Maine, I became unemployed and tried everything possible to keep my collection of cars (at the time it was 8 Mustangs, my Bronco, and my Expedition). I moved up here for family reasons, as my father, a Methodist minister, was having some health concerns. Somehow, I managed to keep them all, but my Bronco was up for sale the whole time. I knew I'd have a hard time parting with it, so I didn't try as hard as I could have to sell it.

So here I am now, being more adamant about selling it again because I have a new Bronco coming home, but more on that later! ;) I will say that it will compliment my SSP Mustangs though! I don't have the Bronco on my site, but I have a personal website dedicated to my Mustangs if anyone would like to see them. 5pt0Joe.com

If anyone wants to know about my Bronco for sale, just e-mail me or PM me. It's a '96 fully loaded Eddie Bauer. Nothing mechanical needed, just body work. $2000 firm.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And sorry for the LONG delay in making another post. Here is what I picked up...

1996 used by the MA State Police. Has the 5.8L in it with 122K. Lifters are tapping, so I will be taking the engine out at some point to replace some bottom end parts, but nothing I found out after I purchased it. Body on it is really great with minor bubbling on the bottom of the tailgate, and both doors. They are so small, you have to take a good look to actually see them... that's how small they are.

Also, the AR wheels on it were actually on it while in service. This had three different liveries while in service. It was purchased and used as an unmarked unit (most likely narcotics), then it was fully marked over the original dark blue paint. Shortly after, the SP didn't like how it was a marked unit with two spotlights and one non-MaSP color, so they took everything off, filled the spotlight hole on the passenger's side, repainted the truck "French and Electric Blue" and re-decaled it. My plans are to restore it to the third livery, a two-toned unit with a single spot, since the original paint is there (although it will be touched up before I put the decals on).

This will be restored back to in-service specs, so it will feature all the correct lights, equipment, decals, etc...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts