Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am new to the forum and Broncos. I have always wanted a full sized bronco, so I sold my daily driver(81 Toyota hilux ) for one. I test drove this Bronco twice and had no issues, no smoke or weird noises and it drove great, so I bought it. (89 302 5 speed)changed oil the first day (regular 10 30)and within 24 hours of owning it it started spitting white smoke. and there is once in a while a ticking noise that sounds like its in the top end... I hope. it only comes up when its warm, and not always. it is there at idle and is consistant with the rpms when it is there. if I let it cool down for a couple minutes and start it again it goes away and sometimes doesn't come back. I'm really hoping that its valve noise so that everything can be fixed with only doing a top end rebuild. any one had a similar ticking? Any help would be greatly appreciated. and the white smoke is much worse now. almost positive its.my head gasket. I am aware that I got ripped off, and I'm real bummed and any opinions and advice on the ticking would be awesome. sorry for the book.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts