Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, nice site you have here.

Just picked up my first Bronco, a 1996 XL. Been a Ford guy all my life, but my previous 4x4 experience was with a 1978 Scout II, which I sold about three years ago because it was becoming more of a collector vehicle, and less of a cheap and easily serviced utility vehicle. Having moved into the hills last year and struggling through the winter with my 4x2 F100, I decided to was time to get another 4x4 to drive in the snow and take on vacations/fishing trips and such.

Spotted a low mileage 1996 on ebay, and snatched it up. Only 85,000 miles. Seems like it must have been a fleet vehicle of some sort. No frills, rubber floor, manual windows, bench seat. Body has had some seriously hack-tastic work done, but it doesn't look bad and if it gets bounced off things in the snow or whatever it's no big loss.

Planning to try and make it an all-around rig that can cruise the interstate and do some light off-roading. Been looking at soft tops, but now I'm wondering if there's a way to make the hard top so it's easily removed when I want to haul stuff in the back of the rig. I haven't even looked at removing it yet, so maybe it's easier than the old Scout was?

The old Scout:
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Here's a picture of what the new Bronco looked like when I got it:

Here's what I kind of want to make it look like:

So far I ditched the running boards and installed some new 31x10.50's:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nice O.J. Bronco Love the soft top!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts