Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up everybody?
New here and new to Broncos in general. Just bought a 1989 Ford Bronco XLT (literally 3 hours ago). It's sitting on 35x12.5 inch Maxxis Bighorn tires. Has a freshly rebuilt 302 (2k miles ago), and a newly rebuilt transmission (2k miles ago). Set of Warn manual locking hubs up front. Straight piped. Has a custom Grizzly roll cage in the back, and a brush guard up front with 2 KC lights. Brakes have also been rebuilt within the last 10k miles

I picked this bad boy up for all of 700 dollars. Yes you read that right, only two zeros. Clean title too.

Came here since i'm going to be building this into the ultimate mud/play/snow truck and have a bunch on my plate.

Currently i need new radiator hoses, spark plugs, fuel filter, air filter, needs turn signals, needs horn, needs oil change, new wipers, transmission fluid change, ignition switch is broken ( i currently use a screw driver and have some piece pulled out from under the dash so i have to push the switch in).

Picked up replacement trunk and already have horn and will be rhino lining the inside in the coming weeks.

Thanks for any and all advice, i know that was a long intro post :toothless.

No this is not my daily. I drive a mazda 3 so MPG is not a problem

·
Registered
383 Posts
Welcome.

The trans was rebuilt 2kmi ago... and needs a fluid change? Already?

Where ya at?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i do not know the exact miles of when the transmission was rebuilt (word of mouth), but looking under the truck its the only thing that is in decent shape without a 2 inch layer of mud on it.

I was going to say Winston-Salem but i noticed you where in the Triad; i'm out in Advance NC out in Davie County.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts