Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've recently decided I want to get a Bronco again. I'm currently 27 and my very first vehicle was a 1980 Bronco that I rebuilt nearly from the ground up. I picked it up at age 15 and worked on it when time allowed between classes and sports until I turned 16. I learned a lot about general automotive repair from my father while working on it. Over the years, I've owned a lot of different vehicles...currently on my 12th and 13th (2004 Saleen Mustang and 2005 Dodge Ram RCSB 1500).

Well, my Saleen is two years old and only has 3000 miles on it. It's a fun toy, but the monthly car payments and extra insurance aren't worth it anymore. It just sits in the garage under a cover. My truck is great, but I'm pretty bored with it and I've been wanting to get a Bronco again for the last couple years.

I'm looking at getting a '96 due to the mass air and OBDII options. Trying to pin down a nearly stock, fully loaded '96 Eddie Bauer or XLT with a 351W and low mileage. It'll be primarily my daily driver, so eventually a mild 4" lift and 33's. I'm more into the creature comforts, so most of my emphasis will be going into interior enhancements.

I've been searching the forums a lot latey and have found a wealth of knowledge here. I'm currently on a ship out in Bahrain and I'm due back stateside in early May (I'm a Second Officer with Military Sealift Command). So, I'll be looking aggressively for a Bronco then. But for now, I'll be researching a lot on here!

:beer

·
Yeeeeehaw Y'all!
2,038 Posts
Welcome to FSB......

We're starting to grow in numbers with the Hampton Roads Bronco folks....:thumbup

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well you could just buy mine, a little different then what you want but its an awesome truck. And it still gets 10mpg. I would love to sell it to someone on the FSB, and close to me. Oh and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the welcomes! Seems like a tight knit community on here with some great members. Looking forward to my stay...

:twotu:

·
Registered
794 Posts
welcome to the show.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bringing this back from the dead! I'm picking up a '96 Eddie Bauer with 74,000 miles on Wednesday or Thursday this week. Finalized the deal with the current owner today.

I'm in a Bronco, again! Some pics the owner took:

It has been very well cared for as the interior, under carriage, and engine compartment are all immaculate. Not one square inch of rust/cancer anywhere.

·
Support by becoming a
1,314 Posts
:thumbup Great looking Bronco and Welcome to the land of FSB.:beer

·
No money for memberships
802 Posts
Nice Bronco! Welcome to FSB! Now throw a 6" lift under it and some 35's:chili:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts