Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I'm new to the site as well as new to owning a full size Bronco. I just bought a 95 XL with the 5.0L and a 5 speed. The truck has a 6 inch BDS lift on it with 33x12s. It's my night and weekend vehicle, and so far I'm really enjoying with the exception of it really needing an alignment after the lift. Anyways, I'm having a minor problem with my windshield washer fluid pump. It's kind of an odd problem....when the lights are pushed off, the washer fluid pump works fine. But if I'm driving at night with my lights on and push the button for the washer fluid, the wipers come on but no fluid sprays out. It makes a pretty loud clicking noise coming from the passenger side floorboard. Don't know if the clicking is normal or not.

Suggestions? TIA

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
ok first does it have fluid, if it does it may be the motor. Just to say 33s and a 6 inch lift ?? you can run 33s without any rubbing without a lift

·
Registered
248 Posts
broncoorboat said:
ok first does it have fluid, if it does it may be the motor. Just to say 33s and a 6 inch lift ?? you can run 33s without any rubbing without a lift
:twak
(he said it works fine without the headlamps on)
:twak
(33's will rub on a '95)

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
oh then the alternator? maybe

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
broncoorboat said:
oh then the alternator? maybe
Sounds like your having trouble with the multi-function switch in your column.

I was looking at the wiring diagrams on my service disc, and i can't really see where they crossover seeing as the diagrams aren't overlayed of one another.

The clicking is normal, my 93 does it. There are relays for the wiper motor down in that general area.

It has to be something to do with the wiper switch on the column. I am just not sure. I am going to continue to look at the diagrams and see if i can figure something out. Hopefully somebody will be able to help ya, before my slow ass brain figures it out.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,420 Posts
I agree with Rob. Can't say for sure but the MFS is the only thing the headlights and the washer fluid motor have in common that I know of.

·
Call Me Ace
1,951 Posts
i usually just look at the diagram really good, then take a hammer and hit everything that shows up on the diagram... if it still doesnt work- you either get a bigger hammer... OR just resolve to not driving at night in the rain.
ace

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
He can drive in the rain, it's when he tries to squirt his window while driving at night...

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
WheelinElvis said:
i usually just look at the diagram really good, then take a hammer and hit everything that shows up on the diagram... if it still doesnt work- you either get a bigger hammer... OR just resolve to not driving at night in the rain.
ace
Now that there is some quality advice. If i had room in my sig line, that would definitely be a quote too.

·
Call Me Ace
1,951 Posts
i do what i can...
ok- well, just dont "quirt" on your windows at night, just grab a water balloon full of washer fluid- and toss it on the windshield whenever needed...
ace

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the responses guys. I'm going to try to track it down this weekend. I don't have a wiring diagram for the truck yet, but I'm sure I'll be picking up a Haynes manual in the next couple of days. The truck had the lift and tires on it when I bought it...it looks really good, but it's all over the road right now, especially with about 2 inches of ice on the roads here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts