Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I just joined last week. I am looking for a FSB I have a couple of possibilities but nothing firm. I would like to find a 92-96. I am supposed to go look at a 96 that has a problem with the cluster saying you are doing 85 when you are not moving. I was told that all of the gauges are "pegged" when you start moving or when you turn on the ignition, not sure which. This is supposed to be a bad ground in the instrument cluster. Any thoughts would be helpful. If you have 92-96 that you are selling and are somewhere near St. Louis give me a shout.

Tercin

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Hello I just joined last week. I am looking for a FSB I have a couple of possibilities but nothing firm. I would like to find a 92-96. I am supposed to go look at a 96 that has a problem with the cluster saying you are doing 85 when you are not moving. I was told that all of the gauges are "pegged" when you start moving or when you turn on the ignition, not sure which. This is supposed to be a bad ground in the instrument cluster. Any thoughts would be helpful. If you have 92-96 that you are selling and are somewhere near St. Louis give me a shout.

Tercin
welcome to fsb, dont know what your cluster problem is but dont be afraid to pull it out, hell you could throw a whole new one in easily if you wanted to.

·
Premium Member
10,000 Posts
Seriously consider looking for a "rust free" Bronco in either CA, UT, AZ or FLA so you have a solid platform to build on with plans you have for a 4x4 BKO.

Make sure when you have found the Bronco you will buy, get a CARFAX and you'll be able to verify the history and mantenance of the vehicle.

Having to repair a rusted vehicle can be frustrating and costly so it might be worth a road trip to find one in great condition and drive it back, they're out for sure ...

Investing money now where you want to improve it instead of trying to keep it from DISSOLVING in front of you, rust never stops ...lol lol...just a thought!

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

St. Louis University graduate...some time ago, go Bilikens!...lol lol

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As a native Californian displaced in the midwest you are correct about finding a rust free example in a state not in this rust belt I live in.

·
Premium Member
10,000 Posts
I think you'll have good luck finding one and save yourself a ton of work and money bringing back a rust bucket from back there and put that money to improve performance etc...let us know when you get one OK...

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts