Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
'91 5.0 E4OD, 6" long-arm lift, shackle-flip, 35" Procomp M/Ts, 4.56 gears & lockers
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Use a torch and bend the y-pipe slightly. Had to do this with a set of long tube headers on my 94.

Is that the header that was warped? It could have other issues.
I'll try that. It's close, just a slightly wrong angle. And yes, it's on the drivers' side which was the warped flange. But it seems to have sealed against the head just fine with a good quality gasket.

I also thought about getting a slightly larger flange (like a 2.5") to help "swallow up" the collector ball. Get that sealed up tight, and then slide the y-pipe in and clamp it with an exhaust clamp.

But that's a lot of work for a 1/10" gap. I'll try muscling/bending first.

·
Registered
95 5.8L MAF XLT, Hedman Shorties/MF SS Y & Muff, E4OD, Man hubs, KYB Quads, 31x10.5x15, 301K miles
826 Posts
My MagnaFlow Y-Pipe fit the same way when I tightened up everything and did the Driver's side Exhaust flange last, there was a big leak and gap that I saw like you see on yours. When I loosened the Passenger side Exhaust flange up and Wiggled/Jiggled the Y-Pipe I got both Exhaust flanges to seal up tight by alternately tightening both sides. Just a thought......

61 - 62 of 62 Posts