Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
howdy,

just got the summit shortys bolted on real good, everything went GREAT with the aid of pepe's write up.. HOWEVER, i cant get the y-pipe to line up with the headers. at first i bolted up the drivers side, and tried to finneagle the pass. side but that didnt work.. i later found out from pepes write up that its much easier to do the pass. side first, then the drivers side.... so i did, and with the help of a floor jack, and a bottle jack STILL cant get the drivers side to line up.. its off by about 1/4-1/8th inch.. can anyone give me some advice? i've heard of some kind of donut/gasket for the flanges, anyone use these and have any experience with them? please tell me what i should do, im only off by a little bit but the ticking is driving me crazy...

ps. maybe i should loosen up the passenger side bolts a little bit?

·
Registered
61 Posts
what kind of y-pipe do you have? i have a bassani and i could not get my summit shorties to seal worth a damn. i tried just
starting the threads enough to hold on both sides and then tightening one side a little and then the other (having a creeper really helps) and over and over until everything is tight.

i ended up throwing away my shorties because summit wouldn't take them back and have my stock manifolds on w/ bassani adaptor rings. still leaks. i finally ordered a set of bassani headers this week and we will see how things work from there.

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,856 Posts
I installed my bassani with shorties and they sealed fine. A week later they were leaking so I re-tightened them and they didn't leak anymore.

·
green ones make me horny
11,148 Posts
raynman said:
what kind of y-pipe do you have? i have a bassani and i could not get my summit shorties to seal worth a damn. i tried just
starting the threads enough to hold on both sides and then tightening one side a little and then the other (having a creeper really helps) and over and over until everything is tight.

i ended up throwing away my shorties because summit wouldn't take them back and have my stock manifolds on w/ bassani adaptor rings. still leaks. i finally ordered a set of bassani headers this week and we will see how things work from there.

you should have let me know that way i could have tried them out.

·
Registered
636 Posts
With my Bassani headers, I had a hell of a leak at first,.I actually had to shave a little off the motor mount on the driver's side,....then use a ratching tie down to get everything in the right position. Sounds nice now

1 - 7 of 7 Posts