Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

New Headliner

5K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  danmick 
#1 ·
Just curious as to what y'all think of my new headliner. Never done this type of thing before. I am redoing the interior of my Bronco. I am going from a tan/ brown interior to a Black/Charcoal color. I am not putting the headliner in until after all my trim panels are repainted and ready to go.

Looks a lot beter than that putrid brown ceiling

See less See more
#5 ·
Looks pretty damn good! And you were smart to scrape all that junk off before you glued it back. And the 3M stuff is supposed to be top notch.

Hollar back after the summer is over, and let us know how it held up to the heat! By the end of summer, you should be able to tell if its sagging (if the glue held up!).

#7 ·
MyFullSize said:
Looks pretty damn good! And you were smart to scrape all that junk off before you glued it back. And the 3M stuff is supposed to be top notch.

Hollar back after the summer is over, and let us know how it held up to the heat! By the end of summer, you should be able to tell if its sagging (if the glue held up!).
It'll be fine

our man Danmick did it right. If you leave the foam on the styo-shell then it will fall off, but he stripped it properly.

Nice work, weneed those pics for Newbies

Sixlitre

#8 ·
Messy job eh? I just did the exact same thing in my bronco a few months ago, though I just ordered replacement HL in the same color in 3/16" backing. Scraping the old rotten foam off is a chore but critical if you want the replacement to stay up. Good job!

If the liner is in that bad of shape, you might also consider having the sun visors done too... a local shop reupholstered my visors for $30.00 since I already had the materials. Now the roof looks factory.... ;)

I just hope the adhesive holds up for you..... I talked to a couple of upholstery shops before I did it and their recommendation was Weldwood Contact Adhesive shot with a sprayer/air compressor.... 3M spray adhesives, even the strongest (80 and 90 heavy duty adhesives) have a habit of breaking down in AZ..... probably due to the summer heat. Hopefully you live in a cooler area and it will last a long time.

#9 ·
Tjanks for the positive feedback guys. I am quite happy with the results so far. I just put it in the truck today with an updated dome light. The visors arent in yet cuz i havent finished painting them black with fabric spray yet. Here it is so far.

I also reupholstered the padding on my Tuffy security console with the same fabric as my headliner.

The headliner wasnt too hard of a job. Thankfully the foam came off very easily. The toughest part was using a wire brush to scrape the foan off around the delicate edges.

In the bottom picture you can see the nasty tan factory color of the seats and belts. New black seat belts are going in this week hopefully.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.