Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad finally got his material in to cover his highback seats with. They turned out great! This is the second set of highbacks he's gotten done and they are so much more comfortable than the regular bucket seats that came in the 78/79's.

He's also got a couple SYD's of original green tweed cloth left over from covering my brothers seats. If anyone has green seats they want recovered, this is the material that is in the center of the seats buttom cushion and backrest. He'd be happy to give you a deal...

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Where did you get the material? They look great!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Where did you get the material? They look great!
I ordered the material from SMS. I also had a set of jade green high back's re-done for my youngest son's 79 Bronco. The material is a very very close match to the original color (most couldn't tell the difference). SMS is a good company but a little pricey. I am really happy with the way they turned out though. Thanks for the compliments guys!!

Here are a few pics of the jade green high back's:

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
441 Posts
Those look sweet! Your dads got one sweet looking ride there.
Thanks Hank, this is the bronco I bought out in California last year. The boys (Ed & Ron) from "The Shop" helped me get her back here to Indiana. I am always looking for 78 & 79 Bronco's out west, but they must be all original, so they are getting harder to find in this condition...thanks!!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Those seats look great! I've been looking for a newer bench seat with built in head rests to revplace my bench seat in my 78. No luck so for.
Thanks Scoop...If you are looking for a bench with head rests, you might have to go with a second row bench from a Expedition or even a second row bench from a Yukon. Both have head rests with a flip-down arm rest in the center and flip forward option to access the rear seat of bronco. I have seen Bronco's that have done that and they look great. Not sure if they were on FSB or at a off-road jamboree show...? Good luck!!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Both of those seats turned out great.
Ranger, thanks but I gotta admit, I had to have a set once I saw yours a few years ago...Yeah they turned out great. I can't believe how much more comfortable these are compared to the low back buckets, no comparison!!

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
So that's what my Jade Green high backs are suppose to look like - nice job on both sets of seats. If you don't me asking, how much did it cost and did they replace the foam as well?

·
Registered
441 Posts
So that's what my Jade Green high backs are suppose to look like - nice job on both sets of seats. If you don't me asking, how much did it cost and did they replace the foam as well?
Ziggy, The material cost was around $500/set and to re-upholster them it was around $400/set. The foam was in decent shape but they did add some new foam to the seat bottoms (about 1/2 inch). More for the comfort than anything else. They turned out really nice and the comfort is unreal...Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
12,536 Posts
Ziggy, The material cost was around $500/set and to re-upholster them it was around $400/set. The foam was in decent shape but they did add some new foam to the seat bottoms (about 1/2 inch). More for the comfort than anything else. They turned out really nice and the comfort is unreal...Thanks!!
Yep, mine were right at 1K to redo as well.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Ranger quit posting pic's of your seats! I want a black set sooo bad! I'm going to have to start looking for some.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I love the color scheme on that 79...I think you have my dream Bronco. No fair :(

·
Registered
149 Posts
Gorgeous! So jealous. Currently running the back seat out of my '75 Crew.

·
How did I get 6 Rigs??
607 Posts
Maybe a stupid question...but where did you get the highbacks? I am redoing my '79, and am goign to steal the red/cream paint combo for my rig. I would love to put seats like that in my rig. If you ask me...they make the rig! Nice job....Mind if I PM you and get all the details on where you got the seats and who did the work?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Swampshaker, send me an email at [email protected]. I was going to use the material from some spare jade green rear seats, but since you have extra green material I woud be interested in your extra green material. It looks like there would be enough to do both front high backs. Then all I have to do is get the vinyl from SMS.

Swamp

1 - 20 of 34 Posts