Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
11,735 Posts
Add your truck's specifics to your profile & take those locks back - you have the special '87-early 88 "flange-style" manual hub locks, which are outrageously expensive to replace & very weak. You need either ~$600 in flange hub locks, or ~$700 in conversion parts & several hours' labor to convert your front end to the "standard" locks, OR you need a good used axle complete with normal locks which can be had for ~$200 & can be installed in a couple of hours in your driveway. If you get an axle that uses the same style calipers as your truck ('85-94), you won't even have to open the brake lines. Note that '87-early 88 with AUTO hubs use normal locks.

·
Banned
11,735 Posts
Do you see what's in the coversion kit in the pic on the R above? That's what it takes to convert. Those images are links to JBG, so click them.

Swapping a whole axle is MUCH easier/quicker/cheaper. I did mine because I wore the original SLAP out, and I put in a '96 axle, so mine was more work & it only took me ~2.5 hrs working alone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.