Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got in my new warn premium hubs today, when i install them do i need to put some grease on them or let them be.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I searched before I asked and found this post with my exact question, however the question was never really answered. The link to the hub install was helpfull, but ......

Do you grease your manual hubs ?

The instructions to my new Superwinch Hubs clearly state :

"MAINTENANCE - None required. Superwinch free wheeling hubs are perm lubricated. If unit is disassembled for inspection, DO NOT USE GREASE. Lubricate lightly with SAE 30 oil "

My mechanical experience says grease them up but the instructions say not to. While I was searching I found many others posting pics of their hubs slathered with grease. Is it just a Superwinch thing or what?

I drizzled them with 30W and installed them.

What do you guys think?

Chris

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I always put alot of grease on my stock ones and I can't imagine they wouldn't ever need any, but if the instructions say not to.....

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Put a set of Warns in my dad's truck,instructions indicated to install them as they came out of the box.After 6 months the hubs wouldn't engage,took them off the truck,they fell apart due to excessive wear.They were warrentied and when I got the new ones,I took them apart.Low and behold there was only one small dab of grease in them,needless to say,I applied a healthy dose of grease to each locking hub.Take them back off and add grease.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I wouldn't grease brand new ones because its already done. Might not look like it, but thats only because you don't need much. Whenever I take my lock-outs out I take them apart and lightly grease all the moving parts. Do that and they will work great for years.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
from the Warn instruction sheet
"Service Instructions Service at the same time as wheel bearings. Clean and lightly grease internal working surfaces."

I use a real light coat of synthetic grease on my Warn Premiums.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts