Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! Just picked up a well used 90 302 Bronco that's in need of some massaging and tweaking to get it back to it's formal glory. A buddy of mine liked mine so much that he went out and bought a 95 Bronco so he can go mudding with me.

We both live in Athens, Ga and are married with a couple of kids. We go camping once a month with the Boy Scouts (we're both Asst. Scout Masters) and while he has to drive the bus, I get to drive "The Green beast".

I'm slowly but surely getting my rig straightened out. Still have numerous small problems with it but just recently I threw out my Auto Hubs (didn't work anyway) and replaced them with some Warn Premium's and put 33' Uniroyal Laredo AWT's all the way around.

We are both very new at this and I am looking at a trip to Tellico to try out the Moderate trails for a little fun in the next couple of months.

After finishing this message I am going out front to rip off the sway bars and am heading out into the countryside to see how the new setup works.

Look forward to meeting everyone and getting together to throw some Georgia red clay around...

Joe

·
College User
2,013 Posts
Welcome and good luck fixing your rig back up. I don't know about the Georgia clay, but Florida clay we can throw around together. :goodfinge

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gobucs1 said:
Welcome and good luck fixing your rig back up. I don't know about the Georgia clay, but Florida clay we can throw around together. :goodfinge
Thanks! Still have a lot to learn... Spent about 4 hours last night reading the forums trying to soak it all up.

This sounds like a great bunch of folks....

Later,

Joe

·
Living in Obscurity
1,928 Posts
I know there is a trip to Tellico the weekend before thanksgiving. Though those that are going I would imagine are taking on the hard stuff. If we can get enough moderate rigd together I will bring mine and we will go on 4, 5, and 6.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SMOOTH said:
I know there is a trip to Tellico the weekend before thanksgiving. Though those that are going I would imagine are taking on the hard stuff. If we can get enough moderate rigd together I will bring mine and we will go on 4, 5, and 6.
Not sure my rig is up for 5 and 6's, all stock, no lifts (yet). I've just took off the front sway bar (none on the rear to start). Ran it up some gravel for angles... I'll post pics in a few minutes.

Joe

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jadam said:

After finishing this message I am going out front to rip off the sway bars and am heading out into the countryside to see how the new setup works.

Joe
Here's some pics on angles I took after removing my sway bars...

As you can see, I bad need of a 4" lift.. (notice the rear)

Notice the rear clearance

Boy, do I have a long way to go.....

Joe

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
79F150 said:
Glad to see you made it over to this forum nice pics.:thumbup
Thanks, decided to put the pics on my own server.. Superford is being to flakly lately to trust them to be there..

Joe

·
Registered
126 Posts
Welcome jadam! Man, I wish you would have had the Bronc last wkend at the M&G. We're almost identical twins. I have an '88 with the same paint. Sounds like you have the fever. Again, welcome.:thumbup

1 - 20 of 71 Posts