Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Monday I start a new job ( THANK GOD ) I haven't posted anything but for the last three weeks I've been unemployed. Couldn't have happened at a worse time. So finally I've found a job over in Riverton NJ which is right over the Tacony/Palmyra bridge. It's about a 14mile commute for me and takes about 40 minutes to get there. It'll a be a pay cut as far as my hourly wage, but since I haven't had a full 40hr paycheck in months I really won't notice it. In 60 days I get a $1 raise then another 60 days another $1 which will bring me back to what I make now. Plus I'll have a retirement benefit that they match a percentage of and I'll have health benefits available if I want them. So in reality I'll be making more than I am now if you include the benefits. I slept for the first time in weeks on Friday. I'll still be doing HVAC work just won't have to worry about running the office anymore or returning a bunch of phone calls the boss doesn't want to do. I won't have to worry about my paycheck clearing or whether our accounts at the supply houses are open or not. It'll be a nice change to do work in a new area as well. I'm so tired of the same houses over and over again. Commutes gonna suck but you do what you gotta do.
:beer

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Joes93Bronco said:
14 miles in 40 minutes? jesus, that must suck.

congrats on the job :beer
Yeah sometimes it can take that long just to half that distance. We have traffic lights about every 100 feet. We're quickly catching up to Cali. in regards to the traffic around here.

Mike2 said:
You just doing residential stuff?
95% residential and a little light commercial. Nothing really big just some roof top package units and boilers under 30hp. It's kinda hard to do both unless you're with a company that has different departments. Commercial stuff is totally different parts plus there's always an issue with getting to the equipment. It's just a PITA unless you're set up for it.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
I don't do HVAC anymore, but if your in refrigeration, commercial is where the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ is.
But of course its also a lot bigger headache than residential

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've done refrigeration in restaurants and I hate it. There's never any room to work, it stinks, it's dirty and there's always people working around you. I always wished I could get in those places after hours when you could actually get some work done. Of course I'd rather not do it all.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Thats what I meant by headache. But still there were many places we would go in at night and work if it could wait.

All the bars we would go in after hours only because theres nothing worse than a bunch of drunk loud mouths whenb your trying to work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts