Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Practicing Infidel
15,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was foraging around in the fridge jus' now, lookin' fer something to keep me goin' til dinner and I gots me a brainstorm !

Yesterday my niece and I had a hankerin' for plain old mac & cheese after all those fine turkey, ham and roast beef dinners we'd had.

My sister-in-law grabbed a few boxes of PC white mac & cheese and we slapped together a good dinner using leftovers. Well they left today leaving me enough leftovers for a week and half.

So I'm in the fridge and there's this container with the mac & cheese in it, staring at me saying "you know I'm no good reheated you fat ba$turd, I get crusty and dry,so move on and leave me alone".

Well that got me determined to eat it, if for no other reason than out of spite ! Right beside him is this tupperware housing the turkey gravy. The music started palying (the microwave that is) and a new heavenly combination was born !

Man alive is that good ! No crusty, dried out reheated mac & cheese. Instead it was even better than the first go round.

I highly recommend it

Sixlitre:D

·
Administrator
22,855 Posts
Sixlitre said:
I was foraging around in the fridge jus' now, lookin' fer something to keep me goin' til dinner and I gots me a brainstorm !

Yesterday my niece and I had a hankerin' for plain old mac & cheese after all those fine turkey, ham and roast beef dinners we'd had.

My sister-in-law grabbed a few boxes of PC white mac & cheese and we slapped together a good dinner using leftovers. Well they left today leaving me enough leftovers for a week and half.

So I'm in the fridge and there's this container with the mac & cheese in it, staring at me saying "you know I'm no good reheated you fat ba$turd, I get crusty and dry,so move on and leave me alone".

Well that got me determined to eat it, if for no other reason than out of spite ! Right beside him is this tupperware housing the turkey gravy. The music started palying (the microwave that is) and a new heavenly combination was born !

Man alive is that good ! No crusty, dried out reheated mac & cheese. Instead it was even better than the first go round.

I highly recommend it

eww gravy:uke: :uke: :uke: :uke: :uke:

·
Practicing Infidel
15,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
redwagon said:
eww gravy:uke: :uke: :uke: :uke: :uke:
Guess you're a cranberry guy with your turkey eh ?

Sixlitre

·
Practicing Infidel
15,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MatthewC said:
Nurse! I need the defibrilator STAT!!

CLEAR!!!!
:histerica :histerica :histerica :histerica

Too true

but there wasn't enough of it for me to hurt myself (or so I told myself ).

Broncojeff

Hmm I've got some stuffing balls left ? Okay Matthew call the EMTs and give em' a heads up, I'm going in.

Sixlitre

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
bigbroncojeff said:
bonny made me a new one like that last month with some left over thankksgiving stuffing

stuffing and hotlinks and a slice of cheese on bread and then toasted... like a sandwich.... kicked ass
hmm, I might have to try that one. And I just happen to have all that in the fridge right now

Six, that mac-n-cheese combo almost sounds good. Maybe I'll try it on the kids first :rofl: But, like Broke, I like mine with seasoned hamburger in it. Some garlic salt, a little cayenne, some chilli powder and ground black pepper... oh yeah! :thumbup

I think I feel my arteries hardening already ...

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Sixlitre said:

I highly recommend it

Well Duh Buddy...

You just made poor man's Poutine. The rest of us Canadians have been eating that for years. :histerica :duh :twotu:

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
It's the gravy that did it. Liquid, liquid, liquid when zapping leftovers :thumbup and "defrost", not "cook" (or 30% power depending on the microwave)....!

·
Practicing Infidel
15,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bronconite said:
Please excuse my ignorance, but what are hotlinks.
Sounds like a regional name for "snausages"

links referring to how theys linked together with intestine.

Marv

You're a wealth of nuking tips. I've learned a couple of things today from you that will make me a better "nuclear chef".

Mcaldwell

Nah ! I live in the greater Ottawa area, I'm well aware of cheese curds melted over fries and artificial beef by-products gravy. Poutine makes me hurl this, to me, is different.

David

I'm gonna try what you and broncojeff are suggesting.

Sixlitre

·
Lick my balls
13,048 Posts
Your description of the Mac and cheese talking to you was quite funny. But mixing it with gravy, yuck, not to mention day old Mac and cheese.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,696 Posts
bigbroncojeff said:
bonny made me a new one like that last month with some left over thankksgiving stuffing

stuffing and hotlinks and a slice of cheese on bread and then toasted... like a sandwich.... kicked ass
mmmmmmmmmmmm......Bonnnnny.....

I MEANT HOT LINKS!!!!

mmmmmmmmm.....Hotlinks!

·
Lick my balls
13,048 Posts
I'm thinking of kraft macaroni and cheese, yuk.
My home made mac and cheese is good anytime.

·
President, Mels fan club.
6,904 Posts
Sixlitre said:

I highly recommend it

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts