Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[/URL][/IMG]
Hi all. Thanks for all the info I've got off this board, I've been lurking here for about 6 months, It's enabled me to do all my maintenance work and has given me many ideas about what I need to do for some improvements. I've got a 1987 302 auto with 168,000 mi. This was bought new by my dad and was originally grey. Has dual battery set-up, aftermarket front bumper, roof rack, Smitty Built XRC10 winch and runs on 32" BFGs with stock body height. I just installed new front coil springs ( I used ones set for a 351 because of the extra weight upfront- rides great!). I use this as a daily driver and do 400 mi roundtrips to L.A. about every 2 weeks with no problems except for the 11 to 12 mpg ;(
Projects that I'd like to do on her are:
Beef up the spare tie carrier- where the right lower rail is attached to the body, the sheet metal is is splitting and tearing, I'm sure this is a common problem but it's getting progressively worse.
Install new Rear leaf springs - they still feel good and tight but there is still about an inch height difference between sides.
Add a selectable locking rear end.
Organize a storage system for the rear- I removed the rear seats and use this as a 2 seater, I love the extra space but hate all the boxes i usually carry bouncing around first time I hit some dirt or sharp corner.
Find an aftermarket rear bumper - I currently have a chrome stock rear bumper with tow kit, but would like to have a steel one that matches my front bumper -anyone know who made my front bumper or roof rack? they were made by the same company in the Los Angeles area but thats all I know about them
Stereo and speaker install - Currently have no sound :( .

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,715 Posts
Welcome to our Home, Please take the time and click on the "VOTE for TOP 4X4 SITE" so we can get more exposure and Members as yourself...

You can click on "Vote for TOP 4X4 SITE" On the bottom of my signature or go to "Other Forums".

Thanks,
Allcruisen :imp :usa

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,148 Posts
Welcome! From another SoCal Bronco owner. The truck looks good. :thumbup

As for the spare carrier & rear bumper, your best solution is probably a bumper that does both. Below are several front & rear bumper links. Links 1-7 show what many different members have done, while links 8-13 are bumpers that vendors sell.

Bumpers
1-New Bumper Pics ToddACimer
2-Custom F/R bumper pics 80-96 derrick36 -Lots o' bumpers.
3-VOTE For Oct. '06 FOTM Dave's Bronc 90 -Heavy duty 4-1/2" rear tube bumper. Posts 325 & 327.
4-Rear Bumper Build GKR -Rear winch bumper with left swing tire, hi lift, & gas carrier
5-It Begins...(Rear Bumper) 56K Death Tommy R -Bumper with angled tire carrier.
6-Rear bumper rebuild for tire carrier triplesix -Left swing tire carrier with gas can, hi lift, & Dana 44 hub hinge (Hinge in post 21).
7-Rear Bumper Build waltman -Amazing custom bumper with tire carrier that swings down or out. Finished bumper in posts 156 & 168. Video of operation at bottom of post 112.

8-Bronco Air site. BoulderBronco (FSB Vendor) -Nice front & rear bumpers.
9-BRONCOAIR REAR BUMPER!!! BoulderBronco (FSB Vendor) -Detail pics before design revisions in post 107, Final design pics in Link 10 below.
10-BroncoAir Rear Bumper Final Design -See post 27.
11-BroncoAir Extreme Duty Winch Bumper BoulderBronco (FSB Vendor) -BroncoAir site.
12-NEW BUMPER DESIGN! BoonDockBumpers (FSB Vendor)
13-87-96 Bumpers Hefty (FSB Vendor) -More nice bumpers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@ OlRed94 I'm in the Owens Valley, it's really in Eastern California, but since I spend so much time in L.A, I think of myself as Southern Cal. Great build thread, I'm still working my way through it, nice set up you got.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@ El Kabong, Thanks for those links, I didn't realize there were so many options out there - Appreciate your help

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@ Ouray Wow! Love that Broncoair rear bumper! I think that's the one I'm going to get when I'm finished with my garage. Thanks for the suggestion

1 - 11 of 11 Posts