Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, New member here. I've been reading and lurking around for months, maybe close to a year now. I finally got the bronco from a guy I know. So I guess it's time to get to posting so I can see the classified section. I was a member of FTW a long time ago...it looks abandoned now lol and didnt even see a FULL Size bronco section anymore. I was a member there for years. It looks like this is the place to be now. My other Bronco was an 89 Custom. Sold to a friend of the wife for their kid...and he trashed it. I was so mad. I got another FSB and it's a 96 EB, with lots of dings/straightening and love and attention. I almost gave up on it, but I sat in it again the other day not even driving. Just sat listening to the engine and the radio very low. Looking around like, yeah...this engine sounds good and strong. It needs a lot of work visually, but the engine, brakes, tires, shocks are all in great to new condition. So I plan to work on getting the steering play/alignment done as one of my first tasks. Then quite a few minor things like windshield wiper motor seems burnt out, then the overhead compass fixed that I already saw an easy fix here on the forums...which I think is my problem because I see it flash sometimes. Then I'm gonna need a lot of parts to get it clean enough for the wife to ride in lol. I will need to get new original or really good seat covers...some trim, new carpet...too much to mention now. I will slowly get it to something my wife will smile about...right now I get...well you got your bronco back...don't spend too much lol. I already know I'm going to spend thousands...just want to know I have everything running good and going to last forever...for me. I'm not letting this one go if I can get it running/looking the way I want and think I can get it to.

I'll update my profile and other things later I guess...Currently in and from the Memphis Area.

See yall around,
HaOsLsE

·
Super Moderator
24,684 Posts
Yo HaOsLsE,
Welcome to a real deal Big Bronco DIY site and congrats on acquiring the GREATEST year Big Bronco EVER!

I was at FTW too until it was hacked. Here's the latest page I can recover; Bronco - Ford Truck World

□•□
Some 96 and site info for you, no charge!😎
Find out if speed control, if equipped, recall work completed by a dealership. Call local dealer or register and view status @ Welcome to Ford Owner | Official Ford Owner Site; or @ Recalls Look-up by VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) ... have VIN ready.
"Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."
To confirm current status, use this guide by jowens1126 @ 93 & 94-96 Cruise Control Recalls Repair
Note that the 93 recall is different than the 94-96 recall.

For any Bronco questions or to chat about it's planned modifications, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to view).

When you havetime, please fill out your Bronco info with location, year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. .
Bronco info is now able to be put under your user name.
Click your profile button in the top right and go to account settings.

On that first page, named Account Details,
View attachment 154412

scroll down to "Vehicle Info" and type in up to 100 characters.
Now you can simply enter your information in the text editor and click save.

➡See Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links)

Here's the 1996 Bronco/F-Series Workshop Manual partial

96 Bronco Owner's Guide, Maintenance Schedules & Parts and Accessories by Ford @ Owner Manuals | fleet.ford.com

96 Bronco Dealer Brochure @ 1996 Ford Bronco Technical Info pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net ... scroll down

96 Bronco Quick Tips Brochure Excerpts & some Eddie Bauer options @ 1983 Ford Bronco 96 EB Bronco Brochures pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

Register to see most Ford dealer maintenance/repairs done @ any dealership nation-wide @ Welcome to Ford Owner | Official Ford Owner Site .

Try to find time to participate and vote in our Full-Size of the Quarter & Full-Size of the Year Contests @ Voting
You will get ideas by those competing. Also see the prizes! They are awesome as compared to other sites' "contests"!
Al

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
2,185 Posts
Congrats 👍... Pix or it didn't happen 😊

1 - 5 of 5 Posts