Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first off, im a new member and i have a 1995 White bronco. I just got my license a few months ago so im not too experienced with the truck.

My first problem is the floor near the driver side door. It is always wet from my seat to the pedals. Its always wet, ive never seen it dry and there are no VISIBLE leaks (it doesnt poor in from the door or sunroof). I have no idea what could be causing this problem becasue everyone i tlak to says WEATHERSTRIPPING and im almost positive that it isnt. i even took off all the plastic interior pieces and found no signs of water or leaks. Can anyone help me with this?

·
Back in TEXAS
1,966 Posts
Does it smell sweet? If so it could be antifreeze from a leaky heater core.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
look real close at the rear most part of the rain gutter at the roof.........chances are you will see a crack there.
Sort of like this......?

or this

It can be repaired!!!!!

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Mine leaks in thru the wiper cowl seam right above the brake booster linkage on the driverside, and behind the core on the pass side. There a couple rot holes there like its been leaking for a while on the firewall. Thats where the water leaks in thru the holes. As for the rain gutters...camoflage duct tape the cracks on the flat spot, and caulk the gutters.Thats what I did. They dont leak now. If the deer cant see it no one else will.......right?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The floor is ALWAYS wet even when it is not raining out and even when its been dry out for a couple days. I have never seen it dry since i have owned the truck.
Im not sure if the windshield is original but i do know the seal around it is kinda shakey looking. I think that may leak a little but that is on the passenger side so that is a completly diffrent thing and doesnt pose a major problem.
The drip rail over the driverside IS cracked and is cracked for a couple inches under the drip rail. Its rusting out as well. WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX THIS and how is this causeing the problem?
I dont know if it is antifreeze becasue the wet part of the floor has been frozen solid at times. I cant really smell anyhting but you could be right about that.
Where is the wiper cowl seam your talking about Ragged_ol_86? Where should i look to see if my truck has rot like that?

Thanks for everyones help who gave me these suggestions. Now i just need to know how to fix the rain gutter cracks. :doh0715:

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
Pull all the plastic trim pieces, windsdhield pillar, seat belt thingie and door.....spray it to hell anfd back with talcum powder, go to a car wash or wait for a rain......may tell you a lot.....

And by the way, Steve is a God, AND WILL BE A BENEVOLENT GOD IF YOU POST THE SPECS OF YOUR RIG, AND USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION....he is right, your insides and wiring will definitely need replacing......

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
87EBBronco said:
Does it smell sweet? If so it could be antifreeze from a leaky heater core.
Heater core is on the passanger side.

Steve83 said:
There's an old TSB about it, but the parts aren't available any more. .
That depends.
If your name is Gacknar they are avalible in your desk drawer.
(Becouse thats where I keep the Ford gutter crack repair kit)

·
Back in TEXAS
1,966 Posts
Gacknar said:
Heater core is on the passanger side.
True but I have seen them leak onto wires/ridges/other $hit and run across and drip on the d side. Usually the P side is wet too tho.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts