Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 94 351 XLT with about 84k miles on it, 2nd owner.

I've owned it for about a year now, and I love it.

Now my delima is....

One evning it rained here in Fontucky, and water was everywhere, splashed a few cars with open windows etc :rockon

Came to my neighborhood, went around a gentle turn about 25 and my whole front end started shaking like my wheel was about to fall off :wtf steering as about impossible, steering wheel was turning left right corresponding to the shake i was getting, I slammed the breaks and said to myself, " ok wtf is going on?" Hopped out in the middle of the road, looked at the under side, nothing seemed wrong, got back in drove home, and everything seemed fine.

Well long story short, I havent driven her much in the past 4 months due to the fack of being low on funds, and that the company I work for provides a truck and gas card, so I have been "lazy" to get it checked out.

I am not one that is "mechanically inclined", but I can follow directions and do minor repairs.

Now when it comes to by Dirt toys I can rebuild them top adn or bottom ends without much difficulty.

So in closing, any of you guys have this problem?

Ill add some other info I noticed also, that might contribute, now that I think about it more.

When I back out of a parkign spot, and or driveway, my front end seems to lose its camber, they kinda toe in about 15 degrees or so and start rubbing, but when i go forward, the camber resets and is maybe only 2-5 degrees out of plumn.

anyhoo thats about it

any thoughts of what this could be would be greatly appreciated.

Don

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
I'm not sure on how safe it is to drive yer bronco, but if you feel like driving it here to Riverside I can check it out for ya.. I'm a pretty savy mechanic and know the bronco's pretty good..

As for backing up and your toe/camber looks off.. The front ends do that for some reason.. You should see how my wife's bronco looks when she backs up with her 40" tires.

Hell even it it needs repairs I have pretty much everything I need here to fix these things.. (Except I don't have a ball joint tool, but you can rent them for 100 bux at autozone and get yer money back when yer done..)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts