Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am starting to plan a new project and need some advice. I have my mind set on puting a jeep wrangler body on a FSB frame. I need some help finding some specs and measurements on the 78/79 bronco frame to see if this is even possible. I have found a good deal on a body and have been looking for a truck. Can you guys point me in the right direction for the specs.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Just buy you a decent bronco and fix it up. I bought me one "78 ranger" a month and a half ago. It has been very labor intensive but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I think you would feel safer in bronco cab any way. Its bigger. I am an acft mech. Used to work on the A-10. Very satisfying. Now I work on the U-2. Which is a piece of shit and very unfullfilling. Just my opinion. James

·
Registered
213 Posts
try here:

http://www.off-road.com/ford/bigbroncos/faq.html

I can't verify it here at work (company has started locking down everything) but it's in my favorites for when I'm at home. I think it has specs there.

I agree though.. just get a bronco ... you'll never go jeep again ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have had/ driven both. I like the broncos strength(running gear) and loved the yjs size and abilty to take of doors and top easly. Like I mention I pretty much have my mind set to have best of both worlds.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw some general specs on there but im looking for a frame drawing or blueprint. Other ideas?

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Nothin to it, but to do it. There's a guy, here, that's done that. I forget who tho... Thurston, maybe? :shrug

I'm going to re-title your thread, in hopes of whomever has done this, will see it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts