Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'll start from the beginning. a creek 40 mph 4000 rpm
here's the end result

yes that is water about a half gallon of it.

took two starters to realize the motor wasn't turning
so an excuse to build a motor. we pulled her out and tore it down sent it out. i went to work for the guy at the machine shop for a week so he bored the block and rebuilt the heads for free. i bought new valve springs for the crane cam
crane 444-232 with some gibson shorty headers.
i went with the chrome headers because 1they were about 100 bucks cheaper and i don't really care about the look as long as they function.

didn't get any pics of it going together digi camera was on the fritz.

here she is getting put back together
i also broke down and bought a set of arp main bolts and head bolts. even though i had to reuse the one damn bolt for the pick up screen. damnit

so she's finally running went to set timing and it was 19* out. 9*atdc:shocked so that's set at 10*btdc. so driving my old man's 92 w/ the 351 then hop into mine with a fresh motor. i can feel a huge difference and it's getting 14 mpg:chili: new cam headers and 3 inch exhaust on a motor with 350 miles talk about excited

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
nice....i just finished my motor swap on my 91.,..went from a 302 w/ 2 broken motor mounts to a 351w
351w bored .030 over
comp cam camshaft 35-255-5 w/ new valve springs and 10* retainers and locks
rebuilt top to bottom

now im just trying to get the BIATCH to run:cry ....timing was ass backwards...noticed that when fire shot out of the exhaust:doh0715:
battery was crap so now ive got a new battery so it will crank more than 6 times before wearing down

question on timing.,.. i found compression on #1 cylinder.. Then set the distributor at #1 position and dropped it in.....still didnt fire right away...hopefully im close...its making little pops and i think its close

got any advise for a newbie to engine builidng???

dc - BTW...again...nice motor

·
Registered
728 Posts
dohhh i did the samething, and in the process of throwing my rebuilt in, had two bent rods that look just like yours. work looks nice, hope your building a snorkel

·
Registered
83 Posts
badpony93 said:
i went to work for the guy at the machine shop for a week so he bored the block and rebuilt the heads for free.
Now that's some cool shit. I wish I could do things like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts