Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i did a search came up with nothing but old motors and how to fix this. it's a rebuilt 351w i put a crane cam kit 444-232 with new lifters that are ticking like an SOB. they sat in oil prior to installation for two days. now when im driving it, in first gear i don't hear it. in second you can start to hear it then it gets to about 45-50 cruising and you can really hear it, then i back out of the throttle and it goes away and i get in it again and it comes back. had 30w oil for the first 600 miles that got changed yesterday with some 10-30 and a quart of lucas stabilizer. noise is still there. an old co worker told me to try revving the motor to 3 grand and holding for about 3 minutes too see if they'll prime themselves. any suggestions? thanks

·
Registered
150 Posts
check the rockers.

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
did you rebuild the engine your self or have someone do it? I know some rebuilders put something in the oil channels to kleep shit from getting in there. not sure though.

edit--oh yeah how is your oil pressure

·
Registered
150 Posts
did you have it running at all before you put the new cam in?

If so, how many miles?

Did you put new rockers in when you changed the cam?

·
Registered
304 Posts
I had terrible trouble with lifters in mine for a while... I wastold by comp that if you get a set of lifters that sat for a while the assembly lube will harden and not allow the lifter to fully pump up... this said the solution they offered to me was to let them sit in solvent over night, in the morning pump them up in the solvent, then switch them into oil for a few hours and pump them up in the oil.... I did this when I put my new engine in and have had zero problems this time.... but the last 2 sets in the old engine I had were REALLY loud when all I did was oil....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts