Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy bought me a motor for me after helping him put his mud truck back together...I'm a diesel mechanic and not all to familar with old gas motors...anyrate...this is what i got tell me what you think and opinions...
302 block
289 heads, ported
351w firing order
555 lift cam - 222 duration
650 4bbl holley
edelbrock performance intake

New bearings, oil pump, valves, springs, heads where tapped for bolts on the rockers, gasket set, standard bore, flat top pistions...i can't remeber everything

The motor has only 800 miles on it, it blew a freeze plug and he pulled the motor and its been sittin for about a year...

Oh..and the dist cap was off and it said GM on one of the peices inside...its all copper connections on the cap with the coil sittin in the center...

My bronco strickly mud truck anyhow...but I got it for nothing pretty much guy that my buddy bought it from said he has 3k wrapped on up in the motor...so do i got anything good? lol

·
Registered
178 Posts
Is the intake an Edelbroack "Performer" or is it a single plane intake. Your cam, heads and carb are meant for higher rpm, like 2200+ rpm. A dual plane "Performer" intake is meant for lower rpm. If it is a single plane intake, I woulfd think you have a good high revving motor. Lots of guys say you want low end torque, but I have always liked high rpms when in the mud. Depending on the compression ratio, you could have a stout little small block there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts