Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I am going to install a Pioneer AVIC-N1 navigation system in my bronco next week. I wanted to know if anyone could tell me where the VSS wire is located. Is the wire Grey/White? I have searched the forums and have not had much luck.

1990 Bronco xlt
302 5.0L

Thanks!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Some Nav systems make use of an electronic speedometer output to aid continuous navigation in areas, in cities with tall buildings or in tunnels, that have poor navsat reception. Some even have a hook up to your backup lights to know when reverse is engaged, the Garmin 2650 for example.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah for the navigation to work correctly, I have to connect a wire to the vehicles speed detection circuit. It also has a wire that I have to connect to the Reverse Signal wire.

DcSkater602, I found in my haynes manual wiring diagrams a grey/Black wire that goes from the EEC to the Vehicles Speed Sensor (VSS). Maybe it does have a VSS. I guess I will see if my haynes manual is correct or not when I work on my bronco tomorrow. The VSS was on page 12-43 A8

Thanks!

·
Banned
33,450 Posts
If you have cruise, you have a VSS at the base of the speedo cable in the back of the t-case. If you don't have cruise, you can easily swap in a VSS & that style of cable.

Whether you have cruise or not, you can certainly tap into the ABS sensor on the rear diff - that's probably a better signal to use anyway since it's a higher frequency.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts