Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now... I recieved some new smittybuilt stainless steel nerf bars for the bronco and there are a few dents in them. there are a few where the ends curve which i understand, but there are also some on the inside of the bars. there are maybe 4 total and are no bigger than a half dollar... is this common? or a poorly made product? I can post pics if helpful...
thanks

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
I wouldnt buy nerf bars. For the price you can get a set of dustin's sliders and they'd actually do some good. I've seen a lot of messed up nerf bars just because they aren't made to handle any abuse.

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
Unless you can actually see them, I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont do any off-roading, so i dont want sliders... but thanks guys i appriciate it... the ones that do have nerf bars, did yours have some dents when you got them?

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
I've had a few over the years and none of them have been dented.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have hade SmittlyBuilt stuff in the past, never dented. Check with the retailler to see if you can get an explaination or even replacements.

·
Some assembly required!
5,402 Posts
broncos&bombs said:
whats that?

Rock sliders are the shit. Not only do they look cool, you can drop the full weight of the truck on them, no probem. Also, I built these for much less than what I paid for the Nerf bars that I destroyed inside of a few months.:duh

·
Registered
161 Posts
I bought the Smittybuilt and mine arrived untouched (no dents). I'm like you and don't do any rough riding. It is difficult for my wife to get in the truck without them. I wouldn't worry about the dents unless they are visible after you install them.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
alright, thanks guys... after the snow clears ill put them on, and if the dents are visible, then ill return them...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts