Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
OMG its almost a
1,367 Posts
You have got to be kidding me!!!!:shocked $35 if you go alone in your truck and I mean come on who wheels alone???? Im sure prices will change when they realise people wont show when you charge the price of a junkyard 3G to get in!!!!!

·
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"
4,770 Posts
It seems to me like it would be similar to what they have in Japan-or atleast did...(from checking out a couple 4x4Magazines- cant read much of what is in them)

Think about where this is and the potential customer base (local) and I think they have it priced reasonable for other forms of entertainment. Would the tight-budget wheeler go there? maybe not but once. Remember this is "the OC", people spend $$ cause they have it and can brag about taking a 75K Hummer off in the dirt. Come on...its not that far a jump to imagine this place will do ok in a community that hires "adopt a friend for your pet", personal chefs, and grocery delivery. (not saying any of this is bad- just an example)
I really doubt that this place is geared toward the Hardcore wheeler anyway...

having said that...I bet in my lifetime...the wheeling community is gonna see more and more of these as the ECO-nazis and push over politicans close off and "protect" more of the "public" land. Dont think it will happen...just recall the Millions of acres that created the East Mojave National Park..this was only a few short years ago.

[/soapbox]

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
So it would be 45 bux for me and my wife to go there..

dayum..

From Riverside Asuza is pretty much the same distance.. hmm.. :)

·
OMG its almost a
1,367 Posts
locopny said:
"Remember this is "the OC", people spend $$ cause they have it and can brag about taking a 75K Hummer off in the dirt. Come on...its not that far a jump to imagine this place will do ok in a community that hires "adopt a friend for your pet", personal chefs, and grocery delivery. (not saying any of this is bad- just an example)"

True, I didnt think about this!!!:stupid

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I dunno, that seems pretty cheap to me. $35 for me and my truck, so long as it's a decent size course, and semi-challenging, hell, i'll spend that much in gas alone driving up to the desert or mountains looking for a free place to wheel. Irvine is just a toll road (241) jump away for those of us in corona, and riverside. I can't wait till it opens, sign me up.

·
I see Broncos
6,036 Posts
Once the truck gets back to being fully operational I may go investigate it. It's OK land up there Mostly fireroad quality stuff.

At least that crazy guy that lived on the nearby peak won't be shooting at you anymore. I heard he died or something giving the green light to this project.

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
v8only said:
Irvine is just a toll road (241) jump away for those of us in corona, and riverside. I can't wait till it opens, sign me up.
Like I said before, Azusa is only 35 - 40 minutes away from us.. :)

BTW, I have your spare tire still.. :p

I need to get it back to you.

·
Registered
507 Posts
35$ for one day does seem like a lot of money. but if it is big enough and has easy, medium and hard corses its money well spent. i think why the price is so high is becuase of liability issues??
plus its a legal place to wheel :rockon

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
96_bronco said:
35$ for one day does seem like a lot of money. but if it is big enough and has easy, medium and hard corses its money well spent. i think why the price is so high is becuase of liability issues??
plus its a legal place to wheel :rockon
I think the price is so high because the land is in IRVINE. Land there goes for $100K/acre in some places. I'm sure their business model demanded it.

That said, we used to pay $25/day to wheel at Los Coyotes (if you towed in). They had camping, though.

If they have enough there to keep me busy for a whole day, then I may check it out. I'll be pissed, though, if I go and 2 hours later I'm bored because there wasn't anything to do.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Spectre said:
Like I said before, Azusa is only 35 - 40 minutes away from us.. :)

BTW, I have your spare tire still.. :p

I need to get it back to you.

I really need to look into this azusa deal, I didn't b4.

How did you paint turn out??

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
Truck looks nice...

Though my wife and I both think the Red paint job makes the bronco look "smaller"

weird..

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
I keep forgetting we have a digi cam.. I'll get em up soon.

·
Registered
189 Posts
peteyg said:
I think the price is so high because the land is in IRVINE. Land there goes for $100K/acre in some places. I'm sure their business model demanded it.
Pete, where is this land?? Cause I want to BUY it!!! :thumbup I WISH land was only $100,000 here in Irvine! We are seeing prices as high as $5,000,000 per acre!! (That's 5 million!) For residential zoned properties that can be used for hi-density housing...it's getting insane. But you have the general idea anyways...

And yes, most of that is due to liability insurance...and, they also have to make some kind of profit. A guy above had a great point - driving to the desert or mountains would easily cost me $35 in fuel, probably WAY more...so that makes it seem cheaper. Will they have trails that would challenge us? I don't know, I doubt it...just from a liability standpoint, they probably want to avoid any chances of rollovers, etc...I would imagine it would be some mudpits, maybe a mini rock course or two, and some hills...but we could all be wrong, it might actually be fun?

It opens this weekend, so let us know if you try it out!

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Heh, yeah, it's been a long time since I looked at land prices on the other side of the hill. I should know better, though. My little 1/10 acre is worth $250K in lowly Temecula.

I won't be wheeling ANYWHERE until I fix my broken pinion gear in the rear. Gears are on their way. I'll install 'em next weekend, probably. I have a gear job coming in this weekend to pay for the repairs. Gotta love just-in-time side jobs.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.