Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in high school in the 80's and my favorite vehicle was the Bronco and have wanted one ever since. Fast forward 32 years and I am finally picking up my first Bronco this weekend. I am going to let my son drive it to/from school for a couple years but make no mistake, its MY truck! Quick details, 1988 eddie bauer, 170k miles, new interior, new paint. I have a lot of really basic questions (best oil, where to get parts, upgrades, etc) but I will put those in the newbie tech forum. Looking forward to learning as much as possible.
P.S. Live in North Texas

·
Super Moderator
24,690 Posts
Yo Swing,
Welcome!
Your son will be King of the school parking lot.?

Here is the 1988 Bronco Dealer Brochure

Free registration for some wiring diagrams (86 through 96) and Technical Service Bulletins, (80 through 96), same as by Ford @ BBB Industries- Premium Alternators, Starters, Power Steering Products | TSB's & Wiring Diagrams
Let me know if the registration/log-in process works for you becuse I can't, log-in anymore.

For any Bronco questions or to chat about it's planned modifications or build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to view).

To save you time and for better responses, please fill out your Signature with location, year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. .
From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on your avatar and then select “Account Settings” from the drop down menu.

From your “Account Settings” page you will then see more navigation option of the left side. Select “Signature”.

Now you can simply enter your signature information in the text editor and click save.

Our Forum faqs @ FAQ
Includes for example:
How To Upload Images To Posts & How to Use Search
See more tips!

Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links) @ Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links)

Find time to Participate and VOTE in our Full-Size of the Month and Full-Size of the Year (F.O.T.Y.)" Contests @ F.O.T.M Voting
You will get ideas by those competing. Also see the prizes! They are awesome as compared to other sites' "contests"!

Al

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,994 Posts
Welcome! I drove a 94 in highschool, and all the chicks did dig it lol!

Best oil is 10w30 from Joe Gibbs. It is a bit pricey and not available in most parts stores. I get it from summit racing.

Parts can come from summit racing, jegs, bronco graveyard, dennis carpenter, blue oval truck parts, LMC, national parts depot, rockauto, local parts stores, junkyards, and many more. Since the bronco is built on the F150, many parts swap over.

·
Ultra Premium Member
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
4,872 Posts
Welcome, I had a '66, then a '74 Bronco in high school/college....

post up some pics of your ride!

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Welcome to FSB and congrats on scoring the 88! As @cobrajoe said, post up some pics when you get a chance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here ya go...160 mile trip home...i was sweating the whole time. Had a couple sketchy moments, tranny didnt downshift once but never again, wouldnt start at gas station (already figured i need to replace starter). However, I freaking love it....everything i remembered plus some. my son woke me up at 7 am saturday..."hey dad, lets go drive".

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
9,964 Posts
Good luck trying to reclaim it after your son drives it that long!! LOL :ROFLMAO:
Great looking truck!

·
Registered
1978 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400/C6 92 K documented miles &1994 Bronco,XLT 85K original miles
775 Posts
Your Bronco looks great! And with dual exhaust. Make sure to post pix from your projects.

·
Registered
1978 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400/C6 92 K documented miles &1994 Bronco,XLT 85K original miles
775 Posts
Your Bronco looks great! And with dual exhaust. Make sure to post pix from your projects.

·
Premium Member
3,674 Posts
what part of north texas? i'm in dallas.

the bronco looks great. my daughter drove my bronco in HS and she loved it, too. if i had one in HS i probably would have done even dumber stuff than i did in my bronco from college.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Here ya go...160 mile trip home...i was sweating the whole time. Had a couple sketchy moments, tranny didnt downshift once but never again, wouldnt start at gas station (already figured i need to replace starter). However, I freaking love it....everything i remembered plus some. my son woke me up at 7 am saturday..."hey dad, lets go drive".

View attachment 153560
Man it looks nice! My first was an 87 Eddie Bauer that was Blue and Tan...loved it..I just picked up a 96 Eddie Bauer last weekend...got plenty of work to keep me busy for a while.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts