Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'v been searching for a set of old style "slot" aluminum rims for my bronco. I'v always loved the look of them and have been searching on and off since I got my truck in the fall. I found a set of 4 that are supposed to be in mint condition that need cleaning. They have a set of garbage tires on them and he was asking $150. I got him down to $130 and I'm picking them up tommorow night.

http://hamilton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-ve...uminum-Ford-Rims-with-tires-W0QQAdIdZ35642737

I just wondered if anyone is a fan of these rims too? I have a swing out spare so I'm thinking I'll pick up a plain black oversized tire cover and get "FSB" printed, or airbrushed in white letters on it to hide the non matching spare rim.

·
One Cold North Dakotan
3,150 Posts
I think those are a bit different than the ones I have. However, I think those would look good. Here's what mine look like on my '84 with 35's:

And my '81 before the body work was done, with 31's:

Just make sure you get the right lug nuts. I wouldn't have known to get the deep ones that are fitted for those holes, until I took it to gas station in my town and they wouldn't do the tire swap of course, because I only had the old tapered ones for steelies.

What kind of tire are you putting on them anyway?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I'll be making sure of the right lug nuts. I had a wheel come off for that same reason back when I was 16. I'll be doing lots of pollishing once I pick them up. Flitz and the Power Ball...

·
Crusher Mike
6,115 Posts
I had those on my Jeep I loved them I actually got them to shine. They break easily on a tire machine. Slotted Mags.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Same wheels I have, I've been looking for one more for my spare but have no idea where to find one. I painted all the windows on mine black too.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Long story short - I needed a spare on a long trip (mine stolen) with my 90 F150 and the JY had a decent tire on a slotted mag like that. I liked the looks, so I always had my eyes open for more of them.

I like.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts