Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're opening our ranch to ORV recreational use.
It's pretty cool to have found a site for broncos since
my truggy is a '78. It would also be nice to have other
ford guys that would enjoy wheeling at my place since
all my buddies run jeeps and blazer's. It get old having
to constanly winch and tow them up the trails behind me. :)

Check out our website www.sp-orv.com for more details.
Thanks and hope to see ya on the trails. :beer

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Thanks for the info. Judging from the pics, it looks like a really cool, scenic place to wheel. It's a long drive from the Dallas area, but I'd definitely like to go there one day.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
I want to welcome jfraymond, and thank him, for offering a place for others to do their wheeling at. And to thank him for having the courtesy to ask for approval to post this

Tell us more about your truggy

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the warm welcome.
I posted up in the intro section a little about myself.

As far as the "war horse" it's a four seat custom buggy built by Watson Motorsports. The frame and running gear are from a 78 bronco. It has a 123" wheelbase. It sits on 46 baja claws. suspension is coil. Has 19 inches of travel and ramps over 1000. While it will never be a competition vehicle, it is a excellent trail riding machine.

·
Registered
213 Posts
welcome home jfraymond ;) Excellent place it looks like. Hopefully since you own a "full size" the trails will never become a "jeep size" trail. It is quite a bit of a drive from DFW area though, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't make for a good road trip. Do you have designated places to camp?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
StormCaller said:
welcome home jfraymond ;) Excellent place it looks like. Hopefully since you own a "full size" the trails will never become a "jeep size" trail. It is quite a bit of a drive from DFW area though, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't make for a good road trip. Do you have designated places to camp?
We have an area that is cleared for camping. It is very primitive though. you would need to bring all necessary supplies. There are rv sites up and down the highway along the river valley with all the hook-ups within 10 miles or so.
We do however plan to build some bunkhouse type structures within the next few years for those that can't stand to be out under the stars.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
How many acres is the place? I have driven through that area a few times on my way out by Seminole State park outside of Comstock. The scenery is real nice. I usually cut over on the county rd that your place is by. See lots of wild life driving through there.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
InkDawg said:
How many acres is the place? I have driven through that area a few times on my way out by Seminole State park outside of Comstock. The scenery is real nice. I usually cut over on the county rd that your place is by. See lots of wild life driving through there.
5400 ac. The current area we have set aside for initial wheeling is around 2000, and all rugged canyon bed.
and yes the scenery is awsome.
and R.R.189 is packed with "suicide deer".

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Is there at least some clean water? I don't mind sleeping under the stars, but I do mind smelling bad. :toothless That looks like it would be an awesome trip.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Primitive camping is fine with me. Depending on the mud and dirt quotient would depend on when I would need clean water. ;) Being a former jarhead being dirty for a weekend doesn't bother me so much... hehehe

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
well, I should rephrase... *relatively* clean water... :p

·
Registered
190 Posts
I say we get together a run and check this place out for ourselves. we could have our own easter bronco safari?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We have fresh well water, tastes better than anything they sell in the bottles.
We will probably set up a line to go down to the camp area so it will be readily accessible. Now as far as bathing in it, it is coooold! but I guess in the summer it would feel pretty good.:thumbup

·
Registered
213 Posts
mmm well water... best thing out there...

Excellent that would definitely be a nice treat. Can atleast do a canteen bath.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
kodiak said:
I say we get together a run and check this place out for ourselves. we could have our own easter bronco safari?
I think that sounds like a good idea, but probably better off sometime in Summer since it's so far south... We'd all basically be planning a trip to Mexico...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ubermich said:
I think that sounds like a good idea, but probably better off sometime in Summer since it's so far south... We'd all basically be planning a trip to Mexico...
Seventy minutes from Acuna for all you single guys. ;)

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
2000 acres - that's bigger than BMRA at Gilmer! Beautiful scenery, owned by a fellow Bronco drive, and cool well water to boot. This place is sounding better and better!

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
here's a marketing strategy for ya! Bronco's get in free and Jeeps are charged double...Works for me...

Don't see any reason why we couldn't have a Texas rally right there...

Have you thought about contacting BroncoDriver Magazine for a stopover there? They are still in the planning stages for the 40th anniversary...

Would make for some good publicity really quick...

I know I'd be there, and most people from Texas on this site would as well.

Don't forget at posting at projectbronco.com since your rig is a 78...

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
StormCaller said:
So that means you're in for a long weekend run to the park right Ed? :D
Don't leave me out!! Or Schwartz either for that matter

1 - 20 of 43 Posts