Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

New owner Colorado

2K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  BigBlue 94 
#1 ·
Hello all! I (well, my son actually) am the proud owner(s) of a 1996 XL. Since I will be helping my son maintain the Bronco, while teaching him about cars in general, I thought I would join the forum. My dad owned a late 80s full size that I loved (Black, not sure of the trim). I am going to be the owner of a 2021 Bronco (hopefully this summer).

Currently doing some general maintenance. So far we have replaced the starter and battery and completed an oil change... more to come though!

See less See more
#2 ·
Yo BroncoSooner,
Welcome to you and your son and congratulations on acquiring the best year Big Bronco known to man, woman, and canine kind!!
It does look very well!

ASAP, find out if speed control recall work, if equipped was completed. If you still have concerns about Recalls, please contact the Ford Customer Relationship Center:
US: 800-392-3673 | CA: 800-565-3673
Note: 3673 spells "FORD" on phone keys
For the hearing- or speech-impaired: Please contact the Telecommunication Relay Service by dialing 71
... have VIN ready.
"Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."
To confirm current status, use this guide by jowens1126 @ 93 & 94-96 Cruise Control Recalls Repair
Note that the 93 recall is different than the 94-96 recall.

For any Bronco questions or to chat about it's planned modifications, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (50 posts required to participate due to scammers who preyed on our members.).

See Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links), includes "how do I get the tailgate glass to...", etc.

Here's the 1996 Bronco/F-Series Workshop Manual partial

96 Bronco Owner's Guide, Maintenance Schedules & Parts and Accessories by Ford @ Owner Manuals | fleet.ford.com

96 Bronco Dealer Brochure @ 1996 Ford Bronco Technical Info pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net ... scroll down

96 Bronco Quick Tips Brochure Excerpts & some Eddie Bauer options @ 1983 Ford Bronco 96 EB Bronco Brochures pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

See our Sites' FAQs, includes for example:
How to add your Signature
How To Save (Bookmark) Threads Or Posts
How To Search The Site
What is the Difference Between the Showcase and Gallery?
ETC.

Try to find time to participate and vote in our Next Full-Size of the Month Contest & later in the year, Full-Size of the Year Contest @ Voting
You will get ideas by those competing. Prizes are awarded to the winner; a full spread in Bronco Driver Magazine is the top prize, in addition to a years subscription, once the article is submitted; and a years worth of premium FSB membership.
Al

#4 ·
congratulations on acquiring the best year Big Bronco known to man, woman, and canine kind!!
It does look very well!
Biased much 😏 everyone knows the bullnose gen is the best 😉 even the canines 😊
@BroncoSooner she is a great looking rig. Looks pretty clean. Congrats 😊 What color is the interior? Y'all will have a lot of fun with her. Making memories 👍

#10 ·
Welcome from both both a fellow Coloradan and a 96 owner (yes its is the BEST year) lol

Not sure what small town your are from, but for the rear panels keep our eyes out for inventory at You Pull N Pay in Aurora, Denver (and depending) Colorado Springs. They all seem to get a bronco in every now and then. I have a mocha set in my garage I'd be willing to sell, but if I were you, I'd try my luck on finding a matching blue set first.

Congrats on the pre order for the New Bronco. I am jealous, you will have to tell us all how amazing it is once you take delivery of it.

#12 ·
I'm in Parker, just up the road from you!

Aurora has a 95 Eddie Bauer Bronco that just arrived in the yard. Its white exterior and looks to be brown interior... Looks to be a pretty good donor rig if you need any other parts. I'd move pretty quickly if you are interested, the good stuff goes fast. Even has fender flares if you are into those...

Search Inventory - U-Pull-&-Pay

#13 ·
I'm in Parker, just up the road from you!

Aurora has a 95 Eddie Bauer Bronco that just arrived in the yard. Its white exterior and looks to be brown interior... Looks to be a pretty good donor rig if you need any other parts. I'd move pretty quickly if you are interested, the good stuff goes fast. Even has fender flares if you are into those...

Search Inventory - U-Pull-&-Pay
Nice! Thanks for the heads up!

#15 ·
Welcome! My 85 was a one owner from Colorado Springs when i got it in 2015. I have gray and 92 EB mocha rear panels for sale here. Check the for sale section for my "garage sale" for pics. Im about 9hours east of you in eastern KS right off I70.

Ive been all around CO. A couple of my favorite passes are Independence Pass near Leadville and Rollins/Corona Pass just SE of Winter park. Rollins Pass is 14 miles on a rough road one way and ends at a saddle near Mount Epworth. There are 4 or 5 lakes up there, ancient Native American game blinds, train tressles, wrecked locomotives, tunnels, and its on the Continental Divide trail. Lots of stuff to do up there. Even the foundation of the Corona Hotel is still visible. I encourage you to look up the history of the pass. Very neat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.