Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all, I picked up a 79 project Bronco. Recently rebuilt 351m. It came on 33's and has a dual transfer case. It needs some sweet lovin, so now that i've said "Hi"...i'm headed over to the Newbie technical support pages and find out why I don't have low beams( only highs). I well post pics when i can.

·
Premium Member
1989 Eddie Bauer 5.8, C6, True Trac diffs, 4.56 gears, 4" C&T lift, 130A 3G Alt, 35" Grabber AT2s
594 Posts
Dimmer switch is probably bad. On the floor, constantly covered in mud, water, and salt. Replace it first.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
welcome, best body style for bronco in my biased opinion!

before you waste a bunch of time, verify the low beams are not both burnt out!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Welcome, look forward to seeing some pictures of the best body style Bronco IMO (78-79)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trusty rusty I should have read your post first!! I changed the dimmer switch and the headlight switch in the dash before I thought to test the lamps themselves. ..what are the odds both lamps went bad? Pretty darn good. Now I've got a couple extra parts to bounce around in the back.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Trusty rusty I should have read your post first!! I changed the dimmer switch and the headlight switch in the dash before I thought to test the lamps themselves. ..what are the odds both lamps went bad? Pretty darn good. Now I've got a couple extra parts to bounce around in the back.
glad you got it sorted

that happens more often than people think
I have seen it quite a bit over the years,not exactly the first thing you think of either

just like no starts, I have seen quite a few because the tank is out of gas,tons of parts get swapped and still no go
never trust a gauge,specially on a rig you just acquired

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm part of the 79 club as well!! I've got a turn signal issue I'm looking into. It won't work if the headlights are on! Glad you got your issue solved.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree, best body. and i will give the 78 some love too. since my 79 has its round headlights.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts