Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An instructor at the local college in the paint and body shop wants to paint my 78. He is gonna install new grill shell, insert and light bezels, along with a right fender. I am gonna stay with the factory Bright Yellow with White top and the white pin stripe. They charge for material only, so I plan on spending as much on the material as I need. It may take them a couple weeks. I am only getting the outside done cuz the inside is fine. They are gonna fix a couple dings and a rust spot on the rear quarter. paint the tail gate and thats it. I will take pics as they get started and keep you posted. The instructor said it would run around $250. I dont care if it cost 500.

·
Registered
710 Posts
wait till it comes back before you get too excited about it. It probably won't be a "great" paint job, i've had several cars that were painted by various community colleges... You get what you pay for, usually means lots and lots of bondo...

On the bright side though, if this isn't a show truck, it will look alot better than without a new paint job. so for a 4x4 bronco that rocks!!! I've got a 73 VW thing in my shop right now that I'm stripping the "free" paint job off of, but only doing that because it's more of a collector car that I'm restoring instead of a car that I'll be using...

either way, sounds like your truck will look better than before!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts