Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although it still needs a lot of work,:duh I got to work on my bronco this weekend.:rockon Personally I think it looks a lot better :thumbup and We got it running on ether just not off the gas yet,:banghead I think the gas in the tank is bad anyway.:drinkbud

Anyway, take a look:shocked
http://users.ubtanet.com/alarsen/broncopics.htm
 

·
Call Me Ace
Joined
·
1,953 Posts
good lord man- youve got alot of work to do!!!!
ace
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,144 Posts
rvcam said:


Does anyone know where I can get those missing bronco horse simbles?
Your best bet is buy them on ebay. I just bought 2 in very good condition for $15.00 I seen them in my LMC catalog for about $45.00 each.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,864 Posts
That is a cool looking Bronco......but I was going to say its a "Bronco that only a mother can love"!

Anyhow.....whats up with the "TRAILER SPECIAL" emblem. I never heard of that designation for a FSB before....????
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
4,880 Posts
I got a nice horse emblem on Ebay for about $5.
I love seeing how far your Bronco has come from when it was first sitting (grill hanging off, no belts), kinda looks like mine when I got it. It's a great feeling when you have it looking nice, running nice, and KNOWING that you are the one that got it there. Awesome. I look forward to seeing it get better and better. (Looks like an '80 or '81, awesome)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Streetgang said:
That is a cool looking Bronco......but I was going to say its a "Bronco that only a mother can love"!

Anyhow.....whats up with the "TRAILER SPECIAL" emblem. I never heard of that designation for a FSB before....????
From what I am told that trailer special emblem is rare and was only on a couple of years of broncos. One guy told me not to loose them because I will never find a replacement.

AbandonedBronco said:
I got a nice horse emblem on Ebay for about $5.
I love seeing how far your Bronco has come from when it was first sitting (grill hanging off, no belts), kinda looks like mine when I got it. It's a great feeling when you have it looking nice, running nice, and KNOWING that you are the one that got it there. Awesome. I look forward to seeing it get better and better. (Looks like an '80 or '81, awesome)
I will have to check out e-bay. Thank you for the encouraging words. From the way the others sounded I should just give up. It is good to know someone else injoys that feeling too:beer It is an '81, for a while I thought it was an "80 and then I got to looking at the emmissions sticker and it is an "81
 

·
Lick my balls
Joined
·
13,029 Posts
You sure do have a lot of work ahead of you, but you will know at the end what was done and that it was done right. I notice you have the factory roll bar too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Is that a factory roll bar? I thought it was aftermarket.

I looked at that LMC Truck and they want $50 each for those bucking bronco emblems. I guess I will be checking out the junk yards.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
4,880 Posts
rvcam said:
Is that a factory roll bar? I thought it was aftermarket.

I looked at that LMC Truck and they want $50 each for those bucking bronco emblems. I guess I will be checking out the junk yards.
Yeah, I love continually fixing little things here and there and slowly seeing the truck comes to life. It's a great sense of accomplishment. Just be glad it's an '81 (I have an '81 too) and not an '80. There are some differences between them and since they only did things for one year on the '80, parts are a lot more expensive for them and much cheaper for the '81. :)

The roll bar was a factory option but keep in mind that it specifically states in owners manuals that they are for LOOKS ONLY and serve no purpose in a roll over. They're there to add to the appearance when the top is taken off.

I think the Bronco II horse emblems are the same except that some years or options have black horses, which, might be kinda cool. I think they're identical otherwise. If not, just wait a little while, they'll show up on Ebay. I had to wait a bit to get some for mine because they were missing, but when they showed up, I only paid $5 for them.

Keep up with the pics, it's cool to watch it come along.
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top