Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i live in mission viejo and done a lil wheeling in the oc but lookin for places close but trails other then Main Divide

·
oscar espinoza
1,538 Posts
i just whent to deep creek today...i loved it will be going back soon

·
Premium Member
2,178 Posts
Define "close". Not trying to be a wise ass here just trying to get an idea of how far you're willing to drive to go wheeling. Are talking about something you can do in a day, weekend or a 2-3 day trip? There's always Big Bear/Lake Arrowhead area, lots of trails from mild to wild, or you can go even further from there.

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
Best thing to do and be legal is to head up to the Big Bear area and do the trails back there..

·
oscar espinoza
1,538 Posts
deep creek is only illegal in certain areas....

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
oscar post pics of the trip.............:beer

·
Registered
537 Posts
I drove by Deep Creek spillway Monday. I thought I saw some cars down by the water. Is that the place your talking about?

·
Premium Member
2,178 Posts
There's also San Diego area, but you'll have to head over the hill for most of them. Cajon Pass has some trails as well, pretty mild for the most part but it's off road. Otherwise you're looking a two or more day trip. I hit the Panamints up near Ridgecrest at least once a year, good long trip but well worth it.

·
oscar espinoza
1,538 Posts
yup thats the place....i will as soon as my girl gives them to me

i posted a link to some videos on the trips section.....

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ill check out big bear later in the summer plan a weekend camping trip so i can hit a few trails just some mild trails im new to 4x4 so nothing wild yet til i fix up my truck

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
Bring a coat:doh0715:
:histerica

anyone one know of good trails that are easy to mild to start with up in big bear?
most of the roads are mild fire access roads.. You have to go look for the hard stuff.. Go to the ranger station, get a map and just start driving.. They have difficulty ratings.. :thumbup

·
Premium Member
2,178 Posts
Gold Mountain can be a challange depending on which way you run it, I've always run it from top to bottom. There is one section near the old mine shaft that can be a little tough, just depends on your experiance level.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
just saw the pics of the trail and the post it says its a difficult trail but i assume its where the trail is littered with rocks that looks like a wash ill check out when i head up to big bear in the mid summer.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
the other question i have since were talking about big bear there is a trail it was sorta near the big pine flat campground and all i remember is at one point it intersected with a mining road and there were gates on the side of the road for the mining vehicles due to trespassing, any one know what the trail is called? that is all i can remember and this was about 20+ years ago

1 - 20 of 24 Posts